Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 12:37 am

So, I'm going through some stress. I decided to try to steer my looping sessions towards things that were positive to help buoy my thoughts and self. I got stuck on the shows I liked when I was a kid. Things like the original batman TV show. I was five when it came out. I used to think, in my magical fourth dimensional topographical thinking of the time, that when they slid down the bat-pole, it would literally pull them 'through' the clothes while replacing them with the costumes. It was magic and it made perfect sense. It was colorful, crazy and perfect for me.

My Mom, bless her heart, knew how obsessed I was/am about Batman. Seriously obsessed. She found this fabric that had a squiggle in them that looked, to me(! because mom said so and it sorta did) like little bats on it. I had Batman sheets and Pillow cases.

I still have one of those Pillow cases. I slept on it until about a year ago until it developed a small tear. It was really, really thin by this time! LOL

She even made me a Batman costume for Halloween when I had just turned 7. I wore that thing obsessively. Literally under my other clothes in case I needed to stop crime or help someone. I am dead serious. I got very angry and upset when we had dinner at their friends house. They told them how cute they thought it was that I did that. I was pissed because they gave away my secret identity. I mean, I got pissed. That pillow case was 50 years old when I had to put it in my drawer for safe keeping. I never thought about it, but it may have been my blanky.

But, I have the TV on. It's my back ground noise to keep me from alerting on all the stupid sounds in the apartment. It's just vapid enough to ignore. But, I've got it on a nostalgia channel. Hearing all those old sci-fi themes, going on YouTube and listening to theme songs. Not listening to any of the stories. Just the themes, the soundtracks, the styles of all of it that signify the times they came from.

Even went and found the original Neal Hefti Batman album. I wore that thing out. Severely! That thing played on everything from an old mono portable to a decent system in the 80's until it just sounded so bad.

But, it's been good to hear. It's buoyed me a slight bit.

:batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8