Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

TheMinx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2016, 12:49 am

Does anyone else have issues with cluttering, which is often misdiagnosed as pressured speech...which is a symptom of bipolar?

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 1:59 am

What is that?

I'm not quite bipolar, but I'm probably near the border of it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 2:48 am

I had this problem as a kid. There isn't much info about it online. I might have grown out of it but I am not sure. I still talk fast and I sometimes still type something else while I am thinking of something else in my head I am wanting to say and sometimes when I talk, it doesn't always come out right than I intended. But then again it says clutterers are not aware of their disorder so if one becomes aware would that mean they wouldn't have it anymore? I still get moments where I want to say something and I have all these words in my head but can't get all of them out. But then again there is some overlap with ASD. I could relate to this boy in the video here. (scroll down for video)

http://www.stutteringsource.com/blog/fo ... ycCKDArLIU

Kids would say I was skipping words and reading out loud it still hard for me because I have to work harder at reading slowly and to not slur my words and to skip words and to slow my brain down as I read. So I tell my son I need a break from reading because my mouth is sore and my brain.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 10:23 pm

I do if someone asks me a question or expects a response from me and I am not paying attention probably day dreaming or something, my thoughts and my speech may not line up and end up coming out as a garbled mess of words.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 12:07 am

I experience cluttered speech from time to time. It happens more when I'm going through spells of anxiety.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 May 2016, 1:44 am

I had it sometimes when I was really hyper or suffering from a psychotic depression.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition