24 May 2005, 9:48 am

http://www.grandtheftendo.com/

Finally, GTA is coming to a Nintendo console. :lol:

Bunnylover
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2005, 3:52 pm

meh...not so much...
I won't look forward to it, not because its a more mature directed game, but because its too much in the past.
people are looking ahead for the next new mario, sonic, link, crash bandicoot, master chief, god, whatever. with the unveiling of the xbox 360, nintendo revolution, and the playstation three (in order of greatness, according to Filter on G4 Tech TV), these hopes are starting to become greater.
Though shooting pedestrians and stealing cars, tanks, and the occasional bicycle can be fun, it does get tedious and boring, just like any game, and its just knowing when to stop manufacturing that game like some sort of freaky meat market that determines a company's greatness. For example: even though they do get more of a storyline, better graphics, and more to choose from, they should have stopped putting new pokemon games on a regular basis out, at least until they come out with something->

Bunnylover
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2005, 3:55 pm

<-more decent, since the newest release of emerald is EXACTLY like ruby and sapphire, with the addition of the battle frontier. that...may be getting off track though. what I'm getting to is this: gta is good, very good, but they can make it better if they give themselves more time, not...whatever that thing is.
also, what's the point of rereleasing older games for the GBA? we all get them from roms anyhow, if we don't have the actual originals (which in most cases, i do :D )

Bunnylover
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2005, 4:05 pm

BTW, when i referred to the order of greatness of the new consoles, i did it backwards, with xbox 360 getting third, and so forth. one of the main reasons why the revolution wasn't higher is because they hardly had any games to show (i beleive the new zelda:twilight princess or whatnot, and the metroid prime 3 were the biggies) and they had no controllers to show.
yes...metroid rules...
i beat zero mission on normal in 58 minutes...53% of all items, and theres still room for much improvment.

strange_wraith
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2005, 9:01 pm

It's someone's homemade version on an NES. Not exactly what would sell these days. And G4 is trash; don't listen to them; they're just a bunch of hype-monkeys.

"It's all right Ma, I'm only sighing"

Bunnylover
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2005, 10:39 am

hype monkeys indeed...
but good hype monkeys...
and really the only ones on TV.

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2005, 11:00 am

Well, the game fills a niche. But it is freeware so it doesn't matter if it is popular or "hyped" or not. :P

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2005, 1:50 pm

Bunnylover wrote:
...the new zelda:twilight princess or whatnot, and the metroid prime 3...

TLOZ:TW is for Gamecube not the Revolution. You're right though, they didn't show much.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2005, 5:12 am

I'm a bit disappointed in the DS. They say it had a really strong showing, but I have yet to see any game for it that interests me. :?

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2005, 1:13 pm

Yeah, I liked the first (2D) GTA, but I never got into the later 3D ones. The game gets real boring after a while ( and when the contoversy dies down)