Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


Are cats better than humans?
Yes 58%  58%  [ 15 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Dunno 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 26

Xan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 126

30 Apr 2007, 5:22 am

okey we are all intiteld to an opinion and as long as we are both happy with ouer choices i don`t think it really matters.
but i am not saying woude not want a pet cause i do i woude really like to have a dog but with my current living conditons that is not possibel.

just one question woude you not want a human partner ?


_________________
Matt12 inn the chat

sorry about my bad spelling got dyslexia

Norwegian aspie site:

http://asforum.110mb.com/index.php


Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,859

30 Apr 2007, 5:28 am

Xan wrote:
just one question woude you not want a human partner ?

I would have a relationship with a human, but in terms of just friendships I believe cats are infinitely better.
And if I did have a girlfriend, she would have to love cats. I doubt that will ever happen though, I usually like people who don't like me back. :P



9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,403

30 Apr 2007, 9:20 am

I would rather spend time with my cats than with just any person, but I do like fellow cat lovers.



willem
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2007
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,148
Location: Cascadia

30 Apr 2007, 9:56 am

Sopho_Soph wrote:
I started this thread due to the other one from a few days ago about whether you would die for your cat. There were people on there saying that humans aren't animals and humans are 'superior' to cats. Therefore I wanted to see how many more lunatics there were on here, and I'm pleased to see more have voted Yes than No. So far.


I agree entirely with your sentiment. It's weird how many people appear to find it personally insulting to hear that humans aren't necessarily the greatest thing that ever happened in the universe.


_________________
There is nothing that is uniquely and invariably human.


Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,859

30 Apr 2007, 10:33 am

willem wrote:
Sopho_Soph wrote:
I started this thread due to the other one from a few days ago about whether you would die for your cat. There were people on there saying that humans aren't animals and humans are 'superior' to cats. Therefore I wanted to see how many more lunatics there were on here, and I'm pleased to see more have voted Yes than No. So far.


I agree entirely with your sentiment. It's weird how many people appear to find it personally insulting to hear that humans aren't necessarily the greatest thing that ever happened in the universe.

I can't understand why some people seem to think humans are great. We have contributed nothing but crap to the world, and to each other. We might be more 'intelligent' than other species, but we don't use our so-called intelligence very well and physically, I can think of plenty of other species which are far superior to a human.



Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Apr 2007
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,565

30 Apr 2007, 10:44 am

An atom is an atom unless it sprung from Adam. :roll:

(Every cat has been nicer to me than every human, barring ma...cats win.)



ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,506

30 Apr 2007, 10:47 am

calandale wrote:
ahayes wrote:
Humans are far less durable than cats. Hypothetically speaking: if you threw a human out of a ten story window they would be dead, whereas if a cat was thrown out of one they could not only survive the fall, but do so with minimal injury


Have you tried? I know that there's a height beyond
which cats no longer land on their feet, so I'd
guess that they wouldn't do too well, on the landing.


IIRC they loose consciousness beyond thirty stories. But below that they are able to slow their fall and they are a LOT more flexible than we are.

There are many accounts of cats falling from these heights and surviving.



Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,859

30 Apr 2007, 10:51 am

Cats have nine lives. :P Humans only have one.
Therefore cats are at least nine times better than humans. :D



hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,138
Location: On the Road Less Traveled

30 Apr 2007, 3:23 pm

Sopho_Soph wrote:
Xan wrote:
i inn no way hate cats but i just do`t care for them as pets my mom has 2 cats and well i pet them when i am at home but i woude not want one myself.

and if my girlfriend had 8 cats and we were to move inn togther i think that is just to many and woude atleast have har reomove half.

not to be mean or anything but ther is a reason they call it crazy cat ladys. i don`t have anything against cats but keep it inn moderation (2-3 cats at most)

The crazy cat lady is a stereotype. Some old women with lots of cats are crazy. Some old women with no cats are crazy too. There is no correlation between number of cats and level of craziness.
If I really loved someone then I wouldn't make them get rid of their pets, even if they had a tarantula or something, I would learn to live with it because I would know that I would want them to do the same with Flo. If someone has 8 cats and they were made to leave them behind for their relationship with a human, then that relationship is either doomed from the start, or they are both disgustingly repulsive people.


Thank you, Soph. I know that unless someone is a bona fide cat lover, they just can't understand. At that age, I didn't realize that you aren't supposed keep every kitty that follows you home. Sometimes, they would just show up on our porch, as if they knew that I would love them. This man that I mentioned, was a petty tyrant of the worse kind. He would terrorize myself and my sisters, and my mother allowed it because she valued his company above her children's happiness. I wouldn't own 8 cats today, because I am aware of vet bills, and food costs, but I madly love the cat I have.


_________________
Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.
-- Dr. Dale Turner


Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,859

30 Apr 2007, 3:29 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Thank you, Soph. I know that unless someone is a bona fide cat lover, they just can't understand. At that age, I didn't realize that you aren't supposed keep every kitty that follows you home. Sometimes, they would just show up on our porch, as if they knew that I would love them. This man that I mentioned, was a petty tyrant of the worse kind. He would terrorize myself and my sisters, and my mother allowed it because she valued his company above her children's happiness. I wouldn't own 8 cats today, because I am aware of vet bills, and food costs, but I madly love the cat I have.

He sounds evil. I wouldn't own eight cats either because I just wouldn't have the time to give them all the attention I would want to give them. I would happily care for lots if I could though. I love cats. :)



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 102,112
Location: In a quiet and peaceful garden where Mick Avory-like Sweet Peas grow

30 Apr 2007, 3:41 pm

I prefer dogs, but I still think that cats are better than humans. :)



giaam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 304
Location: Best place on earth, Canada

30 Apr 2007, 3:53 pm

Have to say yes because have a human, and cats are so much better company, and less trouble.. :nerdy:


_________________
mostly harmless