Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 8:13 pm

Alliekit wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
While hardly conclusive evidence, taking a peek at Harlequin Romance titles (a genre writteny by, catering to and almost exclusively consumed by women) would suggest that the fantasy/trend/desire isn't an uncommon one.

"Becoming The Tycoon's Bride: Chosen as The Sheikh's Wife"

"The Tycoon Who Healed Her Heart"

"Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?"

"Miss Prim And The Billionaire"

"Tipping The Waitress With Diamonds"

"Taken by the Billionaire Werewolf"... :lol:
There are also loads on aliens, werewolf and vampires. Doesn't mean people want to date them
Sure they do. Think of how adolescent girls swoon over Twilight. Half of them like Edward and half of them like Jacob. Think of how many middle aged women swooned over Mr Spock. He's so approachable. He never angers, he never shouts. He can work all day and never get tired. He's smarter than anyone else. The perfect man.

So there are plenty of women who want to be with vampires, werewolves, aliens, robots and wizards. If only they existed.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2016, 4:23 am

Alliekit wrote:
Um no they just fell in love with them without paying attention to their wealth, much like i did.

But isn't love irrational? Do we pay attention to anything? To me my girlfriend just seemed right and I didn't rationally think why is that, but obviously something in her made me attracted to her.

Alliekit wrote:
My bf is a factory worked. My friends is a policeman and the other friend bf is a student. I also have another friend with a labourer

I don't disagree that less rich men (or even poor) date and get married, but is it possible that those men would be at least marginally more successful if they were wealthier? I just want your honest opinion.

Personally I find financial wealth to be of less superficial qualities. Money is useful and a richer person may have some good qualities which brought wealth to them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2016, 5:58 am

You'd be surprised how many "successful" people are romantically lonely.

In my life, I've known many women who fantasize about wealthy men, but who fall in love with laborers. They realize finding love with some wealthy guy whom they don't know and trust, is really a pipe dream; hence, theydon't really go around pursuing wealthy men.

It's similar to how men fantasize about models, yet don't pursue them. They are content with women with whom they share other, more important, qualities.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2016, 7:05 am

314pe wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Um no they just fell in love with them without paying attention to their wealth, much like i did.

But isn't love irrational? Do we pay attention to anything? To me my girlfriend just seemed right and I didn't rationally think why is that, but obviously something in her made me attracted to her.

Alliekit wrote:
My bf is a factory worked. My friends is a policeman and the other friend bf is a student. I also have another friend with a labourer

I don't disagree that less rich men (or even poor) date and get married, but is it possible that those men would be at least marginally more successful if they were wealthier? I just want your honest opinion.

Personally I find financial wealth to be of less superficial qualities. Money is useful and a richer person may have some good qualities which brought wealth to them.

I don't know if they are more successful but I thing kraftiekortie in the post above makes a point.

Personally it's all good in fantasy but the actually some men know they are rich and are somewhat arrogant about it at times. Although this is mostly those born into wealth. Women born into wealth can be the same though.

There's a girl at my uni who spent the equivalent of my student loan on a designer bag :|

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2016, 3:20 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You'd be surprised how many "successful" people are romantically lonely.

In my life, I've known many women who fantasize about wealthy men, but who fall in love with laborers. They realize finding love with some wealthy guy whom they don't know and trust, is really a pipe dream; hence, theydon't really go around pursuing wealthy men.

It's similar to how men fantasize about models, yet don't pursue them. They are content with women with whom they share other, more important, qualities.
Oh no. I'm too rich to find love :cry:

JK