Trans/autistic discussion group at the Philadelphia Trans HC

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

punkyboy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Apr 2016, 4:00 pm

Hey there. I just wanted to let ya'll know that our conference presentation for a repeat of last year's discussion group has been accepted by the PTHC organizers. Barring schedule changes, it will take place on Friday, June 10th, from 10:30am-11:30am in room 120B.

I did ask for a longer time block, but that doesn't seem to have been available. However, I notice that the lunch break is immediately after our session, which presumably leaves our room empty until sessions restart at 1pm. So, while we shouldn't plan on this being available, it may be possible to continue our discussion into this time. Either way, I'm going to work up plans for keeping the discussion to an hour, and for going longer. I suggest that folks bring a lunch or some snacks in case this is possible/happens.

Based on last year's feedback, I also want to break into smaller groups for topic discussions, which should help us to stay on time. I would appreciate hearing about what topics should be included.

I am preparing materials for an estimated 100 participants, since my estimate of 20 for last year was woefully inadequate. In addition to printed and physical materials, I have been playing around with the idea of either providing a link to downloadable resources, or providing these on a USB stick. I like the idea of USB sticks, especially since they would reduce environmental waste and could be reused, but I'm having trouble locating a bulk supplier that can provide them in the $1/per range (plus shipping). I would definitely appreciate any suggestions for solving this problem, as well as for movies, books and other resources to include.

Finally, it may be possible to organize a movie and/or dinner night if folks are interested. Are folks interested?

https://www.mazzonicenter.org/trans-hea ... led-caucus

nguoidep1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Apr 2016, 10:09 am

i'm sory i don't no , thank