Feeling "locked in", sometimes losing ability to speak

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

IceLilja
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Apr 2016, 5:54 pm

Is anyone else experiencing it? I'm usually able to talk normally in real life, at least I get by. But sometimes I have days where I feel very drained mentally, forget how to say things, having to point at items because I forget what they're called, wanting to speak but not being able to have a real conversation. Also feeling very detached, like I can't grasp what's going on or even who I am. Like I have no identity, it just "floats". My arms/body movements also become rather slow, as if I don't connect in my brain like I should. I'm a clumsy person in general and have a few tics which I don't remember having before. Is this becoming "more autistic" or a simple mental glitch? Not very comfy.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 7:13 am

Yes. I totally relate. I am going through a regressed speech period now actually. But I do know what you mean. You are exhausted. Try to rest and reduce as much sensory input as possible. It may take days, sometimes weeks to recover but the more you can rest and remove sensory input and stimulation the better you will recover. Make sure you try to recover so you don't end up going into Autism Burnout.

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 8:52 am

I hope it helps that you could use the written medium to communicate. I hope you can make use of it here on WP to help you "unlock" yourself.

There are a few people here who seem "locked" as far as verbal speech is concerned. I wish there were more, for I find being able to communicate in some way other than the verbal mode a godsend for those who are permanently "locked."
I find that it would be liberating for those people to be able to use WP as a way into the world outside of themselves.