Cyclic vomiting syndrome's and gastroparesis and Gerd

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 5:44 pm

Hello everyone I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long . It's been a while and I miss all of you guys .

I've been so busy with school and being in the hospital I was in the hospital a lot this year first in the Children's Hospital at Montefiore in October then again November then again December then to a hospital called Blythedale been out for a little while then back in April last month

When I came out of the hospital the first time I was very sick I could not walk

Then I came back to the hospital because I got even more sick with my vomiting then they transferred me to Blythedale what which is a rehabilitation center for children who have complex illnesses and disabilities.

Then I was feeling a little better but a little bit less than a month later I was in the ER again due to throwing up but they managed to fix it and it wasn't as bad as a regular normal so I didn't go into the hospital until again it happened in April and they couldn't prevent me from going to the hospital this time because it was worse and I was going up either blood or green bile.

The second time I went to Montifure I was throwing up A lot of blood but when I went to last time they couldn't figure out whether was blood or not actually after the doctor said it was both.

After the first time was hospitalized I didn't know whether I would walk again while I was pretty confident once I went to blythdale but before then when I first came in for the second time I didn't even know if I would make it because I was so sick.

But though all that I made friends and gained experiences I meant a boy with cerebral palsy named Avon Philip who wrote a book called this kid can fly a book about ability not disability.

Also was hard getting back to my school Greenberg academy because I was in a different school district though the blythdale school but they thought Greenberghwas a better fit then blythdale
So after a while of discussing with the school board I was allowed back in

Although I don't know if any of my work from that school will be transferred from my School although I didn't do that much to be honest but I was there for a month and two days and in the school for a little bit less than that The school is a regular full special education school in the hospital but only for if you were in the hospital and then needed day treatment although people do go there for long periods of time they even have IEP's and stuff there because people go there for a long time as I mentioned before although I did not get an IeP there because I wasn't there long enough.

As for school and now it's very possible that I might graduate in August assuming then I get all my credits then I need by August. But I will mention that more in another post

Anyway I am writing this not only because I'm so thankful that I'm still here with everyone but also that I'm able to share it . And also the now I am able to walk now as well as still just a little delayed but then again I've always walk slow and delayed .

So before I turn this post into a book I'm going to leave it at that for now ;)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 6:27 pm

I'm proud of you, Jenni!

You're going to graduate with a regular diploma!

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 6:30 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm proud of you, Jenni!

You're going to graduate with a regular diploma!

Actually I'm not sure I still have three Regents left to take.

But it is possible! :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 6:34 pm

Take those Regents! And get at least a 65 in them!

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 6:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Take those Regents! And get at least a 65 in them!

I will do my best although it will be a tough challenge because I've been out school so much and missed a lot of work and class time .

But I am Going to prepare with my all!

I have text books the barnens books and a packet to help me as well as my classes.

However one of my my social studies teachers is leaving and they need to find a replacement.

Do you have any tips or suggestions for the reagents?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 6:59 pm

Yes, Barron's is good. Very good. They had Barron's when I was a kid.

I would suggest taking some sample Regents, and see where you're at. What did you get right, and what did you get wrong? I would focus on what you got wrong, and study what you got wrong thoroughly. I would be confident I what I got right, and not focus on what you got right.

And make use of tutors.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 7:41 pm

I'm glad to hear that you're starting to feel better, Jen. :D