Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 11:45 am

In my hometown I have learnt from experience if you do the following things you will draw attention to yourself

.eat food In the towns mall or on benches in the high street. Because of this I always eat in my towns park also my towns mall has no food restaurants.

.sit on benches in town centre and stare into space in casual clothing. If you sit on benches at lunchtime people will not stare at you as much.

Do some of these unwritten rules make sense to you?

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2016, 5:45 pm

I don't really understand why those things would draw attention.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 7:06 pm

I don't understand why those are 'rules'.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 5:31 am

I see people doing that all the time, and it doesn't draw attention.

What does confuse me is why it's socially unacceptable to wear shorts on a rainy day in the summer. I learnt that yesterday. It had been really hot and sunny all weekend, then yesterday it was still just as hot as it was at the weekend, except that it was raining. And because I went out in shorts (but had a thin rain jacket on and shoes not sandals), people freaked out. My mum was like "you look silly coming out in shorts today", and then my friends were like "oh my God you're wearing shorts!"
I mean, why are people such babies about a bit of rain on a hot day? Normally I am dressed like I'm going to the north pole, so for a person who feels the cold a lot, I was rather comfortable and warm in shorts.

I suppose the pathetic rule is "only wear shorts if it's really hot with a blazing sun".
Maybe I should just go out naked. Then that'd give the stupid judgemental public a shock.