Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 10:06 pm

What could i do to make a lot of cash in a short period of time?

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 10:18 pm

You're looking for a get-rich-quick scheme? Let me know if you find anything that works and isn't illegal or dangerous. I want in on it!

squatterandtheant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 10:38 pm

Unknown wrote:

I'll give you €50- for your liver..

willem
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 10:41 pm

You could work on a fishing boat, that can pay a lot in just a few weeks. It may include working for periods up to 20 hours continuously, without much pause.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 12:58 am

Unknown wrote:

Hmm? Legal? You're options are limited. If you're 18, you could join the airforce for the $20,000 signing bonus. Pick up an instrument and learn the first 30 seconds to the following songs: Freebird, One, Hotel California, Crazy On You, Stairway to Heaven, and Glycerine. Get a performer's license, which is about $15, and go to a trainstation. If you open up with one of these songs, you can earn up to $300 an hour. But you have to be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good. I only play downtown Naperville (because I don't need a performer's license), but I get enough money to buy lunch, dinner, and the day's supply of gasoline.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 1:52 pm

First list your skills, good at and hate.

Take what you are good at and like, how does that fit the world?

Figure out what else you should learn to make your skills marketable.

I think in terms of how will I make money in the future, today is hard.

The best fit for your life is what you like.

Aspie bum wants cash for gaming rig?

Go to the local computer shop, tell them the place is a mess.

They need someone to clean up, put out the trash, wash the windows,

and ask a lot of near dumb questions. Use them for backup, bring in work.

I have made a lot running Disk Cleanup, Defrag, and Restore Point, $75 Hr.

I know these terms sound complex, keep them that way,

almost everyone is computer dependant, but cannot read a manual or learn new words.

Learn to write G Code, visit a machine shop, janitor/programer will get you a paid education.

Six months in computers, A+, or the same in G Code, and you have marketable skills.

That six months is for NTs, an aspie can do both and more in less time.

Blue collar IT is a rising and well paid field.

If I was in Toledo I would be going to machine shops asking what machines they want to sell, for business is bad now. Take pictures, get a set price, list it on ebay, talk to a freight company, riggers, arrange for it to be moved, riggers, loaded, might have to hire a forklift, and sent to the buyer.

Making 25% on a $10,000 sale, costs under $20 to photograph, list, and the rest is knowhow. I want a plastic injection molding machine, shipping costs more than the machine, 8,000 pounds.

Most sellers do not arrange riggers and delivery, someone has to. Flying there costs, time and expense, then the phone book and who knows what on a one time deal. Learn all the riggers in the city, meet the best, disconnecting the machine may take an electrician, and label the connections, a mechanic to disconnect air lines, chillers, without breaking things, getting it out of the building without damage, with all the extra parts labled and boxed takes an order that sellers, riggers, shippers, lack.

All theses extras are deal killers, tell no one what you do but the customer. You are just an email to them. Give them quotes for rigging and shipping, on large sales there are Escrow companies, they protect buyer and seller, funds are paid to the riggers, shippers, and when loaded, the seller, and the remainder to you.

Knowledge and service sell well, do a few deals and get known on ebay.

I need plastic parts produced, I get bids of 30 times going rates. Just arranging for things to be made at a fair price can be profitable. When I wanted a mold made I got bids of $100,000, $51,000, $32,000, $26,000, and the last for $3,600. I wasted several years getting to the right person.

Find somewhere where people spend a lot, machines, molds, work the phone book, your town is machine rich, and selling at a discount. Put out a flyer/letter, Machine Sales, mail it to the most likely, follow up with an email, when you get a response, do a second mailing pointing out how you will arrange rigging and shipping, value added services. Have knowledge, mention companies they have heard of. Have several, bidding the job keeps them honest.

Tell them you are sending a kid over to take some pictures, tell them you work for your Uncle, and deliver the contract for signing. Once they have agreed to price, short term, if they come out high it will not sell, but two weeks or a month later relist at a lower price. List on ebay and push the serice part, a $2,000 molding machine can cost $5,000 to deliver.

You might be selling one machine, but ask your potential customers what they really want, and other things, and keep a book. Good machines with many years productive life are sold for scrap, for lack of putting it all together. The north buys new machines, when old they go south, I would not buy from Texas or Alabama, but Toledo has low hour but out of date machines that fit my needs.

You have the Internet skills, most machines have six major makers, learn them like cars, model and years, check milage, over inform potential buyers, reply quickly, build trust. Offer escrow services. It makes you sound legit.

I want a 100 Ton Boy with low hours. I could use a Phase Converter.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 1:58 pm

Take deliveries from the backdoor.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 2:58 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
Unknown wrote:

Hmm? Legal? You're options are limited. If you're 18, you could join the airforce for the $20,000 signing bonus. Pick up an instrument and learn the first 30 seconds to the following songs: Freebird, One, Hotel California, Crazy On You, Stairway to Heaven, and Glycerine. Get a performer's license, which is about $15, and go to a trainstation. If you open up with one of these songs, you can earn up to $300 an hour. But you have to be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good. I only play downtown Naperville (because I don't need a performer's license), but I get enough money to buy lunch, dinner, and the day's supply of gasoline.

Jesus Christ why the hell didn't I think of that?