Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KeepItReal
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 May 2016, 1:42 pm

I am a practicing Catholic. (I need a lot of practice, trust me.) Anyone else?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 12:21 am

I'm a Lutheran. I did grow up with lots of Catholic guys, though.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 11:36 am

I've become an Agnostic Theist, but still enjoy the Catholic traditions. Don't really care for any pope leading all of the Church though, that job should be Jesus's.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 2:53 pm

I am also Catholic, but my family and I refuse to participate in church activities because there are so many rude people and way too many church cliques. :evil:

Some people who are nice to me and my family jokingly call us "the parish rebels" and we find that very flattering. :lol: :wink:

Just writing this post makes me want to write a dark comedy about church cliques and Catholics who think being Catholic is the coolest thing when it is not. :lol:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 7:48 am

I was raised Catholic. At this point however - still love the Lord's prayer, the Hail Mary's, the rosary, and the overall of what goes into mass including the Eucharist. Pretty much everything except the Nicene Creed.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin