I want change 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
What about reforms 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Out, Out, Out! 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 26

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2016, 5:57 pm

Not that I'm starting a media campaign or anything like that..
My curiosity and overwhelming interest in one of the few public says in my lifetime, I wondered who else was willing to share their views with everyone here.

I feel the market for trade in the E.U has already begun to show signs of shreading and maybe deals can be offered in the same way but with more firmness and finality than some of the E.U countries currently. The debate on the leaflets has been aired in Parliament Monday. The disgraceful waste of taxpayers money, which should be retracted to fund the poorest in our society. Not some scam waste of time. Decisions should be made at the descretion of the voter.

Anyway, here is a quiz to take on being in or out. (To help you decide).

https://www.eureferendum.gov.uk/take-eu-quiz/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 12:18 am

Thread should be moved to the News or Politics section

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 11:16 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Thread should be moved to the News or Politics section

Well, not really. It's more or less a philosophical topical question. So.. really, comparing it to new news, when this has been public knowledge for months, won't change anything. As there will more news about it, I'm SURE, in the times to come.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 4:41 pm

As with any information, you need silent facts to be exposed, not ignored.

A video to gain future insight and democratic outcome to any future in the U.K.

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

18 May 2016, 2:42 pm

Empathy wrote:
As with any information, you need silent facts to be exposed, not ignored.

A video to gain future insight and democratic outcome to any future in the U.K.

As an American who has had NAFTA and now TTIP shoved down our collective throats, you're much better off without that. Let the SJW's gnash their teeth, and the totatlitarians scream, but all you will get is the destruction of your middle class and your land swamped with rapefugees.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 3:11 pm

^^(I don't know which persons or class you're referring to).

People appreciate hard facts as opposed to direct scrutiny in a democracy. This is about Brits voting for a change, in foreign affairs and public spending finances, in which we’re all entitled to have our say.
At the moment, the contrast is uneven, the way forwards is more so and , lacks support.

By the way, there is always a point in voting for change in a country. (so we make sure it’s the right one, and not have other countries try and make further demands to have it their way.)

Any other debates to that of this one, is separate. It has nothing to do with presidency rights or voting in a normal general election. Which is every five years here in Great Britain.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2016, 12:57 pm

Found these 2 things that all British voters should see and consider:

1. A very "street" analogy.

2. People who know what they are talking about - and fought and died for.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2016, 4:08 pm

I am not in the EU, so not directly affected, but certainly interested as I feel we will be indirectly affected. I do think Britain's leaving, if it happened will damage the EU. Whether it will stand and repair or unravel, Idk.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2016, 4:30 pm

TomS wrote:
I am not in the EU, so not directly affected, but certainly interested as I feel we will be indirectly affected. I do think Britain's leaving, if it happened will damage the EU. Whether it will stand and repair or unravel, Idk.

You can't follow an indirect blunder, no more than a corrupt political agenda, as of that of the E.U currently.
People who vote in generally want to save their businesses and wait to haggle for reforms, (but no one has witnessed any thus far). Another five countries are set to join, I think people will either welcome it or detest it.

Some of us are worried that our culture is unravelling with alarming statistics, but have been following this for years and therefore cannot see a way forwards or a way out.

We welcome trade into the country, but we want our public services and NHS and national schemes back.
We are not some puppet show for the E.U.

I am neither for or against the argument, but I do want to see positive reforms and get the country back on its feet.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2016, 4:44 pm

...I am American , and (alas) have never even set foot in the U.K. (Or , indeed , any part of Europe) , so I am butting in ~ but I voted both " I love the E.U. " and " What about reforms " .
However , don't " What about change " and " I want reforms " say about the same thing ?
Wouldn't that split the votes in that direction ?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2016, 4:55 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I am American , and (alas) have never even set foot in the U.K. (Or , indeed , any part of Europe) , so I am butting in ~ but I voted both " I love the E.U. " and " What about reforms " .
However , don't " What about change " and " I want reforms " say about the same thing ?

Not at all. This part of the forum is all about sharing mature opinions and having divided opinions in politics.
So, you love the E.U but you want reforms for us? That seems entirely plausible.
Of course, there is also 'divided feeling.' So if you want reforms to change, you may be having doubts in the first place, but its merely to decrease the pressure when those of us who choose to vote on the day, have a clearer opinion in mind.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2016, 5:42 pm

...Wll , I meant it more as " Don't leave " but " However , there could be some tweaks needed in Britain status , I suppose " in choosing from what was put up by you .

Empathy wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

Not at all. This part of the forum is all about sharing mature opinions and having divided opinions in politics.
So, you love the E.U but you want reforms for us? That seems entirely plausible.
Of course, there is also 'divided feeling.' So if you want reforms to change, you may be having doubts in the first place, but its merely to decrease the pressure when those of us who choose to vote on the day, have a clearer opinion in mind.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2016, 5:47 am

''What was put up by me?!' Oh well, I don’t think I’m the only Brit on here, so it’s a bit uncanny to criticise one person who’s put up an opinion poll. Obviously, you won’t have undecided on a ballot paper.
If you’d read from my last post, its not supposed to be some militarised campaign and like you said, this poll is supposed to be for the people of Great Britain who are actually voting.

I also feel its worth mentioning to anyone who’s still undecided but wants to vote, they should think about re-registering their details with their local council. If they don’t have your current details then you won’t receive a ballot sheet, whether postal or for on the day. Mine has been posted back already.

Registering closes 12pm midnight tonight.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2016, 4:37 pm

...I wasn't particularly criticising you .
I'm against Britain leaving the EU , I guess , from the information I have ~ If I woke up to-morrow with British voting rights I'd vote for " Stay " ` just - whatever . :mrgreen:

Empathy wrote:
''What was put up by me?!' Oh well, I don’t think I’m the only Brit on here, so it’s a bit uncanny to criticise one person who’s put up an opinion poll. Obviously, you won’t have undecided on a ballot paper.
If you’d read from my last post, its not supposed to be some militarised campaign and like you said, this poll is supposed to be for the people of Great Britain who are actually voting.

I also feel its worth mentioning to anyone who’s still undecided but wants to vote, they should think about re-registering their details with their local council. If they don’t have your current details then you won’t receive a ballot sheet, whether postal or for on the day. Mine has been posted back already.

Registering closes 12pm midnight tonight.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2016, 5:23 pm

What people need to get to grips with outside the E.U and the states, is that it doesn't matter if you've never set foot inside another country, you are part of that establishment, however much you feel like you don't belong to it.

I'm part of a sovereign state which defines England and with much distaste, member of this flailing E.U organisation, which only helps the government to patronise its own people and brainwash them into believing we're safe, when its a fact that we are not. We need to go our separate ways and claim back the industries and services which have been lost to offshore companies and businesses.

I'm not going to encroach on other countries I know little about, what party electorate to vote for or what PM.
All I would say is if you're a first class businessman or 'whoever' and you are coming here to put down apprentice roots for however long, then you can at least bring back something from the culture. Like i.e, fish and chips or a souvenir including language skills but I wouldn't keep it up if I never lived there.

People want to see more change in the country, I personally have doubts about how outside influences are going to achieve that.(being on the inside doesn't always guarantee the right success either).

I've made the right choice for myself and others who vote will have the same options.

I'm not here during referendum week, so I opted for postal.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2016, 5:43 pm

...Empathy , you don't appear to state what your vote is .
As a certain Clash song put it :mrgreen: .........