is this my aspergers mind over working things?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

lazylizard
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 May 2016, 6:52 pm

Hi there was diagnosed with aspergers 5 years ago and met a new partner who is obviously an NT and I found out recently that she is inviting her brother and partner up to where we live to ‘stop by’ while visiting Scotland as they are on the way to their destination in scotland! Even though we have lived up here for nearly 5 years now and not had one visit from her brother ! Yet when I bring this up its merely my aspergers being too critical ! Is it really? Or is it me seeing that someone doesn’t care I.e. my partners brother and since they are passing where we live they will pass by? And see this as rude and disrespectful?

I also was told by my partner when I mentioned being friends with her brother he had said to her ‘had we ever been friends on face book lol’ which I took personally of course because of the literal thinking/…

Am I over analysing this stuff as told by my NT partner or am I seeing the reality? Its confusing as I have no one to converse with no family or friends to ask..

Any help would be great

Thanks

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2016, 9:41 pm

If her brother doesn't live near you guys, or doesn't have the means to travel that might explain why they haven't visited in 5 years. I think its perfectly reasonable to expect a visit from them if they are visiting Scotland and will be in your area, so long as they gave adequate notice ahead of time.