Cutting an ex out of my life.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2016, 1:15 am

My ex and I remained friends for a while, but ultimately I felt like I was way too attached to him and still viewed him romantically. After a pretty long phone call about my feelings for him, I came to the conclusion, with a bit of help from my friends, that maybe indefinite space from him would be wise. I started off this year so happy, but our relationship turned toxic and I've been sinking further and further into depression ever since we stopped dating. We were so supportive towards one another, even as friends, but at the end of the day it was making me unhappy, and I owe it to myself to pursue happiness without him dragging me down.

Do any of you have a few words of wisdom about how to be successful with this space? It's only been a day and I already miss him like crazy - I want to call him and see how he is, but I am certain this space is for the best. Maybe it's an Asperger's thing where I became way too attached to him, and now I am having more difficulty than a NT moving on, or perhaps it's just the typical curse of love...I'm not sure? Could really use some advice, anyway.

Cheers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2016, 1:17 pm

Sweet Pea hugs Image