spiritual? 22%  22%  [ 15 ]
neither? 15%  15%  [ 10 ]
neither? 15%  15%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 68

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2004, 4:33 am

I was wondering if any AS people were religious or spiritual?
or is it just something not common amongst AS...

focused
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jul 2004, 5:10 am

I describe myself as being very spiritual. I was raised in a single church/theology home. I would not say that I have abandoned what I was taught but I have expanded my survey/view of religion. This is what I believe:

Truth is universal. No one entity has possession of it. Truth is all around us. It transcends space and time. It is observable. All things come from it. Today I am at one point in a hierarchy of truth. It is my responsibilty to be open to truth. Once I comprehend this level of truth I will then move to the next level where I will be more able to comprehend truth. I will continue to do so until I am at one with all things. The meaning of existence can be supplied by living in a wide theology.

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

19 Jul 2004, 5:14 am

I feel that I could be spirtual, as well. There should be a choice for "not sure," for those of us "confused" between the two.

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2004, 5:31 am

it does depend on the persons upbringing yes, but i was brought up in a christian welsh school, but that didnt make me christian, that just made me...antichristian.... i guess. i dont like a persons belief being forced on me at all.

Today i am very glad i decided to go the other way, to me christian is another word for gullable.sorry guys if you think differently.
nowhere in the bible does it say to make churchs.
my world is constantly in a state of complete bliss because i have experimented with different beliefs. my world is a mix of buddhist/pagan.
i love the earth and treat every single being with respect.
and yeah. im very happy with myself, and IN myself. nomatter how much things are going wrong in the world.

okbye

Torley_Wong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2004, 5:50 am

I'm unorthodox Christian Humanist. Don't think I could be in a "religion" (there's that old joke: the only thing worse than organized crime is organized religion! :) ) but I am open to learning new things and new experiences. Any claims to domination over this dominion of the human experience are presumptuously and arrogantly made and falls apart quickly. I struggle with things too, but that's how life is -- everyone has problems, but how are ya gonna deal with them? I'm full of contradictions; I embrace them wholeheartedly. :D

LadyBug
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jul 2004, 6:45 am

:)

Last edited by LadyBug on 26 Jul 2004, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2004, 8:16 am

I think that if you are religious you would therefore be spiritual, but you could be spiritual without necessarily being religious, as it would not have to be confined to a particular religion. I am both :)

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2004, 9:23 am

sorry, but God says not to believe in anything other than Him does he not?

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2004, 10:42 am

i was brought up in a home without any religion at all. I like some spiritual stuff but not all of it. i got put off religion by people who tried to force it on me- when i say religion im meaning christainity but im trying to avoid being offensive in any way! religion just annoys me in many ways.

a book once described atheism as 'a clean blank space where man makes his own destiny and lets the Gods go hang.'

Sonas càirdeas

JustMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2004, 11:44 am

I'm very religious. I was brought up in a Christian household and stand firmly by my religion, but I also believe that everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

LadyBug
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jul 2004, 12:57 pm

Last edited by LadyBug on 26 Jul 2004, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2004, 1:01 pm

first of all i was just thinking that what iv read, AS dont seem to like reading fiction, and well the bible seems to me the ultimate storybook
sorry again if i offended anyone

flamingjune
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2004, 2:41 pm

I have some ideas about energy and whatnot. It's hard to explain to people without them staring at me like I just flew in from another planet.

focused

19 Jul 2004, 2:44 pm

LadyBug wrote:
Yes, I too believe in God. I am Greek Orthodox. I'm also respectful of others in whatever they endeavor as long as it's not illegal, immoral, or socially unacceptable.

I break the law everyday. I am socially unacceptable. Immoral? Depends on who you ask. I think it is respectable to be this way.

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2004, 5:55 pm

energy and life forces should be public knowledge by now!

LadyBug
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jul 2004, 8:58 pm

Last edited by LadyBug on 26 Jul 2004, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.