Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 7:00 pm

promiseimtrying wrote:
I do! She is a small pink stuffed owl, about six inches tall. I got her in 2014 or so and I've been attached to her ever since. I also have a stuffed dinosaur that's about the same size. This is going to seem extremely weird, so please tell me if anyone else is like this: I literally talk to both of them. The owl (aptly named "Owl," although one of my friend's daughters calls her "Sleepy" - the dinosaurs name is Dino, so I guess I'm not very creative with names sometimes) especially has a full-blown personality. She's really sassy. The dinosaur mostly wants to play and give high-fives. I met the owl when I worked retail and the store that I worked at was selling them. We got her as a return one day and I genuinely carried her with me throughout that shift and sat her on the desk (this was not TOO weird where I worked, from an outside perspective - we sorted returns and sat various items that we liked on the desk sometimes) and my co-workers were like "man, you're obsessed with that thing." I was like "I love owls!" She literally cost less than five dollars. I was going through a breakup with someone who threatened to kill me and stole my entire life savings at the time, so maybe that's why I attached to her as a friend?

I'm almost 25 years old. I have a job and I'm in school. I've had varying toys that I was super close to throughout my life. Is anyone else like this? I feel like I couldn't tell anyone this in person without them being completely weirded out.

Welcome to Wrong Planet from a fellow Portlander! :D

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 7:12 pm

Yes, if you consider the night guard I wear to prevent damage from teeth grinding when I sleep to be a comfort object.

promiseimtrying
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2019, 11:15 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
promiseimtrying wrote:
I do! She is a small pink stuffed owl, about six inches tall. I got her in 2014 or so and I've been attached to her ever since. I also have a stuffed dinosaur that's about the same size. This is going to seem extremely weird, so please tell me if anyone else is like this: I literally talk to both of them. The owl (aptly named "Owl," although one of my friend's daughters calls her "Sleepy" - the dinosaurs name is Dino, so I guess I'm not very creative with names sometimes) especially has a full-blown personality. She's really sassy. The dinosaur mostly wants to play and give high-fives. I met the owl when I worked retail and the store that I worked at was selling them. We got her as a return one day and I genuinely carried her with me throughout that shift and sat her on the desk (this was not TOO weird where I worked, from an outside perspective - we sorted returns and sat various items that we liked on the desk sometimes) and my co-workers were like "man, you're obsessed with that thing." I was like "I love owls!" She literally cost less than five dollars. I was going through a breakup with someone who threatened to kill me and stole my entire life savings at the time, so maybe that's why I attached to her as a friend?

I'm almost 25 years old. I have a job and I'm in school. I've had varying toys that I was super close to throughout my life. Is anyone else like this? I feel like I couldn't tell anyone this in person without them being completely weirded out.

Hi Promise (and Owl and Dino),

Welcome to WP! We need to be friends! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hi!! ! I am so sorry that I'm so late getting back to this. This reply makes my day. :heart: YES! We definitely need to be friends. Owl and Dino say hello back! They are so happy!

MC1729
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2019, 1:50 am

I feel embarrassed to admit this, but I have a "comfort object" too. His name is Don Cheetah (my parents named him after Don Cheadle), and he's a very well-loved toy cheetah. To this day, I keep him in my bed and cheetahs are my favorite animal.

AQ Score: 46 out of 50

EQ Score: 5 out of 80

RDOS Score: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 145 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 51 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)