Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 6:18 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I have a few comfort objects. I have three different Schultz helmets that I like to switch around and wear when I'm out and about. One's a real one that I painted metallic blue, one's a smaller toy one that I've modified with with heavy-duty grease towels, metallic tape and mixed paint in that same metallic blue. The third one is a toy one that's black, that I use as a night cap as I hug the pole of my small German flag while I sleep, only at my place of course. I also have paisley hankies in many different colours that I like to have on me. My best friend calls me Big Baby Schultz.

Speaking of which, you might recognize the shape of a subdivision called Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA (previously the Pabst Farm where hops were grown for beer, developed in 1916):

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2016, 5:41 am

Yes definitely, I carry crystals everywhere with me or sometimes interesting stones I've picked up from wandering outside, I think they are energetic because of what I imbue within them, some people do it with larger concepts like religion or whatever, I seem to be attracted to crystals to reflect warmth and positive allure I dunno why. I also like this rubber duck, I don't put it in the bathtub, I really like ducks and this thing has a funny face so I always seem to have it nearby to squeeze for stress relief too.

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2016, 10:10 pm

I have items of clothing I like to wear, and masks.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

MaizeFlower
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jun 2016, 10:18 pm

Yes, I have a lot of stuffed animals and stuffed Pokemon. Though, video games probably make me the happiest because they are more engaging to my mind and distract me better from my depression/breakdowns.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 9:18 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I have a few comfort objects. I have three different Schultz helmets that I like to switch around and wear when I'm out and about. One's a real one that I painted metallic blue, one's a smaller toy one that I've modified with with heavy-duty grease towels, metallic tape and mixed paint in that same metallic blue. The third one is a toy one that's black, that I use as a night cap as I hug the pole of my small German flag while I sleep, only at my place of course. I also have paisley hankies in many different colours that I like to have on me. My best friend calls me Big Baby Schultz.

Speaking of which, you might recognize the shape of a subdivision called Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA (previously the Pabst Farm where hops were grown for beer, developed in 1916):

I recognize that very well.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2016, 7:54 pm

I didn't think I did, but realizing that my phone and my new weighted blanket might just qualify :mrgreen: I think it's kind of funny- but I totally didn't care before, but now I love how comforting they are!

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 11:51 am

Unfortunate_Aspie_ wrote:
I didn't think I did, but realizing that my phone and my new weighted blanket might just qualify :mrgreen: I think it's kind of funny- but I totally didn't care before, but now I love how comforting they are!

Yay! :D Imglad your objects make you comfy!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 6:30 am

My lovely cat.

justanothergal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2016, 8:08 am

My jeans jacket or other hoodies. For some reason, I feel more secure with something buttoned or zipped up near my neck; I assume it's some sort of sensory thing in the sense I hate feeling exposed.

EqualGroundsWrongToRight
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jul 2016, 2:06 pm

My phone, reading/surfing on the internet, and my computer.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 3:49 am

Theres my old teddy bear. A blanket have had forever. And my 5 foot long plush hug pillow have had a few years. I tend to use the hug pillow most these days.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 4:14 am

I have a soft, cotton cap that I wear when I am home, and I wear it to sleep, as well. I'm wearing it, presently. : )

SariaFan931
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2018, 6:32 pm

I have a few comfort objects, ranging from gemstone crystals to a plushie. The one I use the most is a life-size plushie of my favorite video game character, Saria. She's 54 inches (137cm) tall, and was handmade by an plush crafter on Etsy. I purchased her as a Valentine's Day gift to myself. She keeps me company and relieves my anxiety on a daily basis. I'm going to eventually buy her a more accurate cosplay outfit based on Saria's in-game tunic.

When a video game character gets me through both being bullied in high school and to grieve the sudden death of a parent, I have to show my gratitude somehow.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 8:24 pm

A monkey my wife gave me after The Kidney STONE incident.

I don’t do marijuana, but I named him stoner. (After the Kidney stone) 8)

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 2:24 am

My cat, my blanket and my rabbit head shaped pillow

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 8:01 pm

My cats were a source of comfort to me.