Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 4:35 pm

I have a stuffed bulldog toy named King Henry. I hug him sometimes. :D

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 5:02 pm

EzraS wrote:
Theres my old teddy bear. A blanket have had forever. And my 5 foot long plush hug pillow have had a few years. I tend to use the hug pillow most these days.

I have 2 big body-pillows in smooth lycra spandex pillow cases I sleep next to.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 9:21 pm

My two cats also comfort me when I lay in bed and I like to put an extra pillow over my face as I sleep to block out the world.

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 1:36 am

I have a stuffed bear that I got when I was a baby that I sometimes cuddle up with when I'm upset (yes, I know I'm 40 and I probably shouldn't still be doing that, but hey, it works).

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

puzzledoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2018, 1:53 am

I had a comfort person and a worry stone... I found the blankies my mom hid from me when I was at a slumber party as a kid when I was going through her house. I've been sleeping with one since bad stuff happened this year. I am taking some soft microfiber plushies to the hospital with me for surgery.

KirbyReferenceHere
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Nov 2018, 1:48 am

I have my school iPad which I bring everywhere to the point my mom calls it "my third arm". It brings down my anxiety greatly that I have a research device, music, memes, animal pictures, stored articles and a sketchbook all in one. When I want don't want people to talk to me I just look down and cover my face with my hair and people just know!

The major problem is I'm going to have to give it back to the school and there is no way to buy it from them (we already asked). My mom didn't like my iPad since I'd procrastinate with it due to the big stress from projects and that I spent a ton of time on it so she's not going to buy me another one. I have $200 still to spend and buy a new one but I'm worried it's not going to be the same....

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 3:00 am

it used to be a big purple scarf my girlfriend knitted for me. for a couple years whenever i'd get depressed or panicky, i'd wrap myself in it and imagine it was her hugging me. and the fear went away.

then we broke up.

SariaFan931 wrote:
I have a few comfort objects, ranging from gemstone crystals to a plushie. The one I use the most is a life-size plushie of my favorite video game character, Saria. She's 54 inches (137cm) tall, and was handmade by an plush crafter on Etsy. I purchased her as a Valentine's Day gift to myself. She keeps me company and relieves my anxiety on a daily basis. I'm going to eventually buy her a more accurate cosplay outfit based on Saria's in-game tunic.

When a video game character gets me through both being bullied in high school and to grieve the sudden death of a parent, I have to show my gratitude somehow.

i love that so much. saria is probably my favorite zelda character - bar none.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2018, 9:21 pm

I have a big Cookie Monster plush that I love and smaller version that I cuddle with in bed when I feel depressed, anxious or scared. I also have a plush cat that I'm very fond of.
They've been extremely comforting through some very rough times in my life.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 4:55 am

This is King Henry my bestest friend.

He looks so sad because he understands how hard life can be for everybody and he loves hugs.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Dec 2018, 7:12 am

He's such a sweetie.

I have my two teddies, one from when I was a baby and the other one from my BF one Valentine, and my real little MinPin Benji, whom I love to cuddle.

I also have my little Martian, and a small bouncy ball.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 7:46 am

I have a long piece of satin trim from my baby blanket and I tickle myself with it when I'm stressed. I took it to school with me every day from aged 7 onward, but would only tickle in private if no one could see. For a time I had smaller bits of that satin that I could keep in my coat pocket, etc. to touch while walking. I'd be devastated if I ever lost the big piece of satin but I still have the original blanket, so I guess I could cut a new piece if needed.

I also have a plastic monster finger puppet named 'John the Monster'. I've had him since I was eleven. I take him with me when I have to do anything scary because "nothing is more scary than John!" He always keeps things in perspective!

:heart:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 8:05 am

envirozentinel wrote:
He's such a sweetie.

I have my two teddies, one from when I was a baby and the other one from my BF one Valentine, and my real little MinPin Benji, whom I love to cuddle.

I also have my little Martian, and a small bouncy ball.

My mama gave him to me for either Valentines Day or Easter a few years ago. Even though I'm an adult I still love this guy! :)

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2018, 11:28 am

SariaFan931 wrote:
I have a few comfort objects, ranging from gemstone crystals to a plushie. The one I use the most is a life-size plushie of my favorite video game character, Saria. She's 54 inches (137cm) tall, and was handmade by an plush crafter on Etsy. I purchased her as a Valentine's Day gift to myself. She keeps me company and relieves my anxiety on a daily basis. I'm going to eventually buy her a more accurate cosplay outfit based on Saria's in-game tunic.

When a video game character gets me through both being bullied in high school and to grieve the sudden death of a parent, I have to show my gratitude somehow.

Saria made me want green hair xD

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2018, 11:40 am

SariaFan931 wrote:

I've never seen anything like that; the size of it. Something like that would creep me out.