Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2016, 3:07 pm

Do you have a comfort object, like a blanket, plush toy or anything like that? That you keep close by when your feeling upset or having a meltdown? I have a pillow that I hold onto whenever I am feeling sad/scared/or my anxiety is acting up. What about you?

LittleLu
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 May 2016, 9:22 am

Indeed. I own a stuffed green rabbit I sewed myself named Markus. And I hold onto him for dear life whenever I'm having difficulties with my anxiety. I also own a glitter bottle my wife made for me that's meant to be shaken up and stared at for sensory comfort and coping, as I am 100% sure I have a mild form of sensory processing disorder. Markus is for extreme emergencies and not normally for public use, so he stays home, but I take my glitter bottle everywhere with me.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2016, 9:59 am

LittleLu wrote:
Indeed. I own a stuffed green rabbit I sewed myself named Markus. And I hold onto him for dear life whenever I'm having difficulties with my anxiety. I also own a glitter bottle my wife made for me that's meant to be shaken up and stared at for sensory comfort and coping, as I am 100% sure I have a mild form of sensory processing disorder. Markus is for extreme emergencies and not normally for public use, so he stays home, but I take my glitter bottle everywhere with me.

Aww, I'm glad you have a little friend thier to help you through the hard days. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 May 2016, 6:39 pm

No I do not have one

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

electrictype
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2016, 1:05 pm

I have a large teddy bear that I hug when i'm feeling pretty bad.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 1:29 pm

"Bear". She's an old teddy bear, circa 1968 or '69 that I keep on a shelf above my desk. Paw pads are worn off, covered with little kid's socks (mine) to keep the stuffing in. Eyes are hazy. She's practically mostly bald & her growler is kaput. No tummy tag or ear button, those were chewed or scissored off early on. Her joints are so loose that I'm afraid to hold her except extremely gently. She's Victorian Rabbit 'real', now & that gives me comfort just by focusing on her or touching the leg that sticks out to the end of the shelf.

@LittleLu: I like the glitter bottle idea, wonder if there is a keychain version?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 2:23 pm

I have an old blanket my mom made for me when I was 4 or 5. It has a train pattern on it (trains were my special interest at that time) and it's rather worn down now. I keep it near my bed for bad days, and I really like the way it smells.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 10:15 am

I have a few. In public I use stress toys or I just stim. At home and at therapy I have a bear and doll, but I don't bring them out in public because I feel too old for them. They wouldn't really fit in at a regular college. I have a marble maze I bring to college.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 10:51 am

Butterfly88 wrote:
I have a few. In public I use stress toys or I just stim. At home and at therapy I have a bear and doll, but I don't bring them out in public because I feel too old for them. They wouldn't really fit in at a regular college. I have a marble maze I bring to college.

It's my opinion that you are never too old for your comfort object. :o

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 12:07 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
I keep it near my bed for bad days

And yesterday was one if those days.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 10:09 am

I always carry a messenger bag with a couple comfort objects. One of them is a washcloth and the other is a little stuffed Beanie Baby kitten I call Oswin after a Doctor Who character. I used to carry a stress ball I made with flour and a balloon, but my pencil poked it and it exploded everywhere and made a terrible mess :lol:

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 10:16 am

^Aww! How cute! Oswin the Kitten! I like it.

I have loads of stuffies in my room, so I can't choose just one. :lol: My best is probably Meow the cat, whom I have had for many years [since I was three or four]. She's a little big to be carrying around everywhere, though.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 8:58 pm

Coins of all shapes and sizes.

Savannah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 May 2016, 1:40 pm

I have a stuffed bunny that I've had my entire life. As an infant/toddler/small child I would pull out his hair and roll it into balls for comfort. He doesn't have any hair left anymore but he is my comfort object.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 4:47 pm

Savannah wrote:
I have a stuffed bunny that I've had my entire life. As an infant/toddler/small child I would pull out his hair and roll it into balls for comfort. He doesn't have any hair left anymore but he is my comfort object.

Awwwwww - He's Real now!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 1:37 am

I have a few comfort objects. I have three different Schultz helmets that I like to switch around and wear when I'm out and about. One's a real one that I painted metallic blue, one's a smaller toy one that I've modified with with heavy-duty grease towels, metallic tape and mixed paint in that same metallic blue. The third one is a toy one that's black, that I use as a night cap as I hug the pole of my small German flag while I sleep, only at my place of course. I also have paisley hankies in many different colours that I like to have on me. My best friend calls me Big Baby Schultz.