Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 11:06 am

I don't know if it's just a me thing or if any of you have ever noticed it either-my son watches Dora the Explorer and Diego, and Blue's Clues a lot.

I wonder all the time where Dora's parents are, why they are constantly moving, why she's allowed to roam the way she does, why the snakes stop moving just because she is counting, and what in the world is stopping Swiper from taking things from her while she's waiting for my child to pay enough attention to say what she wants him to say.

With Blue's Clues, I notice that Steve looks almost hungover a lot of the time-messy hair, bloodshot eyes, and the way he sings the songs just isn't nearly as happy as it normally is, and on some days, he's got WAY too much energy....

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 11:32 am

I also used to pick weird things out about those shows. Most importantly though - I often think kids must wonder WHY they can't see what is blatantly right in front of them. Like asking stupid questions about where is the volcano - or where is the clue with the big paw print. I think these shows talk down to kids. Really though - how many kids are getting all uppity thinking that it is unfair because Dora gets to roam around with a monkey with no supervision.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 11:37 am

ROFL, I never understood that-my son's logic as to why dora cannot see the humongous volcano is that she's looking at the camera and that the volcano is behind her. Zack's always worried about what would happen if dora got hurt... who would she call, does she have a phone?

02 May 2007, 12:06 pm

nobodyzdream wrote:
I don't know if it's just a me thing or if any of you have ever noticed it either-my son watches Dora the Explorer and Diego, and Blue's Clues a lot.

I wonder all the time where Dora's parents are, why they are constantly moving, why she's allowed to roam the way she does, why the snakes stop moving just because she is counting, and what in the world is stopping Swiper from taking things from her while she's waiting for my child to pay enough attention to say what she wants him to say.

With Blue's Clues, I notice that Steve looks almost hungover a lot of the time-messy hair, bloodshot eyes, and the way he sings the songs just isn't nearly as happy as it normally is, and on some days, he's got WAY too much energy....

Steve was on drugs so he got fired from the show and they hired someone else.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 12:09 pm

I KNEW it!! ! I always had suspicions about his bursts of energy... Joe seems a little more stable, but he looks rough in the later shows also, lol.

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 12:16 pm

as costar he was probably on drugs too, and developed anxiety over the fact that they may sack him too :)

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 12:21 pm

lol! very possible... or maybe it's something linked to having to talk to pretend animals and animated inanimate objects all day long that you can't actually see...

Maybe just a kids show thing, seems anyone who stars in kids shows usually winds up with a pretty rough life afterwards or hits a point where they get sacked for something innappropriate...

Nellie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2007, 1:05 pm

LOL!! !!

I've wondered the same thing as the OP when my DD was watching Dora. How funny.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 1:07 pm

lol, that's awesome! ...and I thought I was the only one who did that. I ask questions like that if I'm on the phone with my boyfriend, non-stop, as long as the show is on-he never sees a point and doesn't understand why it's so important to me :( but my ideas of figuring out why get me going so much sometimes I sit around and clap for 10 minutes after the show is over, lol.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2007, 6:13 pm

Good thought

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 6:15 pm

It's fun to watch cartoons when you're older because you catch things, a lot of times more "adult" things, that you wouldn't have as a kid.

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 May 2007, 7:12 pm

You see the story goes like this....

Dora was exploring mid asia, and came across a plant commonly known as Cannabis, she relised just how much the stuff was worth and sold some off to steve from the blues clues.... steve is now a very happy chappy. :lol:

Dora is now doing a life sentence In some high security asian prison for the possesion of class A drugs. :lol:

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2007, 7:16 pm

HAHAHAAHAHAHA

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 7:28 pm

In truth (which, sadly, is less entertaining than the speculations here), Steve Burns, while still being an executive producer of "Blue's Clues", left his position as host in order to concentrate on what he really likes doing - being an indie musician. (In which role, oddly enough, his best success has come in writing children's songs - he even did a video for his song "Hog the Ground", about being a groundhog, which aired on Noggin's "Jack's Big Music Show".)

What I never understood about "Dora the Explorer" is why her parents don't move somewhere safer - even a trip to the library requires crossing Crocodile Lake, and visiting her grandmother means passing vicious jungle creatures! (Which, fortunately, can be pacified by giving them each a cookie...)

And why do her parents let her wander alone through such a dangerous area, accompanied only by a talking monkey in a pair of boots?

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 9:08 pm

I dunno, I probably would have suspected something was odd about the area long before she ever met boots-she had a talking backpack for chrissake! I sure would like to know though, why a lot of the times it's not even just a trip that she's decided to take for herself-it's her PARENTS that want her to deliver this thing here or this thing there... I saw the one where she was on her way home for her birthday party, lol, and by the time she got there I was laughing hysterically thinking of how many things could have horribly gone wrong while she was on her way there that could have made for a very very very bad birthday party, lol.

I'd also like to know... if Swiper is really trying to Swipe their stuff, why doesn't he actually keep it? He always throws it into the bushes or something (always some place that is right next to them) then runs off. What in the world did he accomplish by doing that? He doesn't seem very swiper-like to me. ...and if he's done that a million times, you'd think the minute he takes something they should realize they can probably just look right next to them and find it/get it back, but instead, they go through this long process of trying to get kids motivated to interact with the show, when they could just throw it theirselves when they see him-preventing the repetition of "swiper no swiping! say it with me!" and making him a pointless character in the show, lol, which would all in all, eliminate the need for him or the hiding the object altogether... which I guess would just make for 5 more minutes of something else that is pointless to think of.

Now, I sure would like to see a show where swiper shows up and robs the house or something-make him threatening if the kids have to act like they care and yell along in the first place... does she have any clue what I put my poor 5 year old through to try to get him to say it with her (just to cause some reason to be watching it), just for Swiper to throw the thing in a bush?

04 May 2007, 12:28 pm

likedcalico wrote:
nobodyzdream wrote:

Steve was on drugs so he got fired from the show and they hired someone else.

I was on IMDB and it seems about him being on drugs and getting fired was a rumor. There was also a rumor that he had killed himself but he is still alive. Someone said he quit the show because he wanted to persure a music career.