Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This_Space_Intentionally_Left_Blank
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2016, 6:50 am

Ronald Reagan really set the stage for US policy toward employer-employee relations. Many first world nations have legislation in place to protect employees from abuse. In the US too many employees are viewed as disposable or consumable assists to be used as needed to increase shareholder profits.

I saw an interesting documentary a while ago called “Murder By Proxy: How America Went Postal” about mass shootings in US post offices by abused employees.

Many companies will lay off employees when there is financial difficulties. But it’s interesting to see how different things are done from one place to another. Canada is rather invested in the US views as well but in Quebec it’s different. In Quebec when companies are having financial difficulty the last thing they do to cut costs is lay off employees. Cost savings are found everywhere else first from office supplies to company assists.

From a business standpoint it makes more sense to retain skilled and trained staff. The costs associated with retraining new staff at a latter point are usually greater than the costs of retaining staff during slow economic periods.

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2016, 10:38 am

-I learned that I can pee over the top of the fence in the back yard, and, in parking lots inbetween cars, off balconies, bridges and cliffs. Hell, I just stop and pee whenever. I'll find a place.

-I can handle a lot of physical work. I even enjoy it to some degree.

-Boobs befuddle me.

-I have a better chance of getting a laugh when I rip a big fart.

-Cleaning up after sex is optional.

-I don't have to wear a diaper every month. (we really lucked out on this one.)

-Everybody loves that bible so much that women aren't quite sure if god really does favor us over them or not.

noyial43
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 May 2016, 1:59 pm

I am surprised that one manly (adult) trait that hasn't been mentioned yet is what my mother called "using your head for more than a hat rack". What that means is don't sit there pie eyed and whiney in the face of adversity and don't be unduly influenced by peer pressure, self styled experts,or demagogues. Instead use your own inteligence, talent, and education to find solutions for your problems and answers for your questions. Manliness (adultness) is being able to gather information, then logically and systematically evaluate it, discard the useless, and produce a result that benefits himself and society.

There are no "silver bullets", don't bother looking for one. No single person or institution has "the answer" or knows what is best for you. You have to select what is best for you from the set of alternatives developed by you.

All day, every day, in every way, use your head.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 2:31 pm

noyial43 wrote:
I am surprised that one manly (adult) trait that hasn't been mentioned yet is what my mother called "using your head for more than a hat rack". What that means is don't sit there pie eyed and whiney in the face of adversity and don't be unduly influenced by peer pressure, self styled experts,or demagogues. Instead use your own inteligence, talent, and education to find solutions for your problems and answers for your questions. Manliness (adultness) is being able to gather information, then logically and systematically evaluate it, discard the useless, and produce a result that benefits himself and society...
"Use Your Head for Something Other Than a Hatrack" -- Good one! I'd forgotten all about it. My mom used to say that to my brothers whenever they did something stupid, like leaving the back door open, wearing the same clothes for a week, getting a girl pregnant, getting arrested for dealing drugs, et cetera ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

asgoodasme
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2016, 1:55 pm

Fnord wrote:
In other words, "Man Up":

(1) Set aside fear, anxiety, sadness, and other distracting emotions and focus on what needs to be done.

(2) Face your problems head on, stop ignoring them, and do something about them.

(3) Admit your mistakes, apologize, and make reparations.

(4) Support your family, in every way possible.

Or, in my words, "Woman up"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 4:19 pm

asgoodasme wrote:
Fnord wrote:
In other words, "Man Up":

(1) Set aside fear, anxiety, sadness, and other distracting emotions and focus on what needs to be done.

(2) Face your problems head on, stop ignoring them, and do something about them.

(3) Admit your mistakes, apologize, and make reparations.

(4) Support your family, in every way possible.

Or, in my words, "Woman up"

Or, in even better words than either of us have used so far, "Grow up"!

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

asgoodasme
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2016, 12:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
Or, in even better words than either of us have used so far, "Grow up"!

:D

This!