Autism Every Day (by autism $peaks) full 13-minute version

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

PeachCastella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2016, 12:44 pm

WARNING: VERY LOUD WITH FOOTAGE OF KIDS CRYING, WILL MAKE YOU CRY AND REACH FOR A BOX OF TISSUES

From such an organization known as Autism '$peaks', the only people speaking are the NT/Allistic adults and allistic siblings about how their autistic children are burdens of the lives of the family. No autistics actually spoke in this film.

the adults say sad quotes like

“You can’t really take a day off on autism. Autism never took a day off on me.”,

“I didn’t chose to do this. I’m not a therapist. I was drafted. I have an autistic child.”

“It’s very difficult to maintain friendships with people who have no idea how difficult your life is on a day-to-day basis.” :cry: :oops:

the children are reported to be severely autistic children (nonverbal) living in my homeplace LI, NY.

one mother murdered her autistic daughter 4 days after this film was released. :cry: :cry: :cry:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 2:13 pm

That's the reason I don't support Autism Speaks. All they want is pity and all they want to install is fear. They seem to be living in the 1930s, and even than it wasn't okay to kill people with disabilities. They're raising money for their trips and galas and they're also raising money in order to develop genetic testing that will lead to more eugenics. That's the last thing that the world needs. We need to bring forth the message that us autistic people are useful, that we're not burdens or useless eaters and that every life is worth living and that every life has meaning. Has Autism Speaks ever done a survey asking if people on the spectrum wish to be aborted? No. Has Autism Speaks ever done a survey asking if people on the spectrum wish to be cured? No. I feel that it's about time that A$$ Speaks starts getting insight from us instead of pushing their own agenda. They remind me of Hitler and his little Nazis.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 7:46 am

Autism speaks??? Oh please, all those people wanna do is abort the autistic fetuses from the womb. That's why they are putting all their funds into finding out the gene so they can do that.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 9:29 pm

Autism Speaks should be ashamed of the propaganda they put out (even though the organization isn't). Their misrepresentations have damaged the image of people on the autism spectrum and have contributed to people holding negative and hostile attitudes toward those with autism.

ultimafighterbp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 May 2016, 5:18 pm

PeachCastella wrote:
WARNING: VERY LOUD WITH FOOTAGE OF KIDS CRYING, WILL MAKE YOU CRY AND REACH FOR A BOX OF TISSUES

From such an organization known as Autism '$peaks', the only people speaking are the NT/Allistic adults and allistic siblings about how their autistic children are burdens of the lives of the family. No autistics actually spoke in this film.

the adults say sad quotes like

“You can’t really take a day off on autism. Autism never took a day off on me.”,

“I didn’t chose to do this. I’m not a therapist. I was drafted. I have an autistic child.”

“It’s very difficult to maintain friendships with people who have no idea how difficult your life is on a day-to-day basis.” :cry: :oops:

the children are reported to be severely autistic children (nonverbal) living in my homeplace LI, NY.

one mother murdered her autistic daughter 4 days after this film was released. :cry: :cry: :cry:
What a horrid video. They should be extremely ashamed of themselves as most of this is not backed up by research and is nothing but propaganda. Don't NTS have better things to do than bully autistics and spread gossip while making money off of unfortunate people? I think so. :roll:

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 8:16 am

Am I the only person who this didn't make reach for a box of tissues but more have my faith in humanity decreased by every passing minute of it?