Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 3:43 pm

Another Black Pigeon warning.

And were they not English, our forefathers, never more
English than when they shook the dust of her sod
From their feet for ever, angrily seeking a shore
Where in his own way a man might worship his God.
Never more English than when they dared to be
Rebels against her-that stern intractable sense
Of that which no man can stomach and still be free,
Writing: 'When in the course of human events. . .'
Writing it out so all the world could see
Whence come the powers of all just governments.
The tree of Liberty grew and changed and spread,
But the seed was English.
I am American bred,
I have seen much to hate here— much to forgive,
But in a world where England is finished and dead,
I do not wish to live.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 4:20 pm

At 1:03 - BlandHypocriteRants criticizes women for dressing immodestly
At 2:13 - BlandHypocriteRants then criticizes Islam... which has strong rules for females to dress modestly
At 3:48 - BlandHypocriteRants criticizes gay marriage...
At 4:14 - BlandHypocriteRants then criticizes Islam again... which is strongly against homosexuality

Oh, and as I have documented before... BlackPigeonSpeaks is a rape apologist who doesn't think women should be allowed to vote (or have any say in politics, btw):

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=318691&p=7103237#p7103237

... are these the Western values he is referring to?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 5:31 pm

It seems you've swapped your ad hominem machine gun for plain hysteria.

Quote:
At 1:03 - BlandHypocriteRants criticizes women for dressing immodestly

Direct quote from the video: "Women now routinely wear things like this; why they wear anything at this point is really a better question. Not that as a man I am complaining, but it would seem that modesty, not only in attire, but also in attitude and behaviour, is no longer a value in the West."

It's a neutral statement, I see no criticism, he is simply stating a fact that values have changed when it comes to modesty.

Quote:
At 3:48 - BlandHypocriteRants criticizes gay marriage...

"Take for instance, gay marriage. whether you agree with it or not, with the help of the media, public acceptance of gay marriage has taken a 180 degree turn in a very short number of years and is now the law of the land."

Emphasis mine. Again thats a completely neutral statement.

Even if he was criticising these things your stupid "gotcha" attack when you find the same people not worshipping Islamic "civilisation" is just that, stupid. What is this all or nothing thinking? There is actually a middle ground to be found between total liberal chaos and the infantile sensitivity of Muslims, it was once called Western Civilisation. Even if you admire some of the social mores of Islamic family life and modesty, you don't automatically have to admire terrorism. You can also admire the non-violence of Ghandi without being a racist.

Quote:
rape apologist

This is just a ridiculous hysterical slur.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 7:17 pm

I know my values, my values are for diversity and tolerance and equality and human rights. The great thing about these values is that they are a sort of 'don't step on my toes and I won't step on yours' mentality. That's what tolerance is. It makes the world the best for everyone who's in it. Immigrants who do not adopt tolerance are mocked for minor offences and/or will be breaking the law and hopefully be caught and tried. Since most muslims who are entering aren't extremists, there will not be an issue. Unfortunately, videos like this one seem more like propaganda and sites things that are due to immigration but lack of worldwide teaching and valuing of basic human rights.

Poor motivation

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 7:21 pm

"Western Values" were drawn from Biblical values, and included conquest by genocide, slavery, subjugation of women, and hatred of anyone who is "not like us" ("us" being the wealthy, white, male landowners who comprised the "Founding Fathers").

It's about time they were consigned to oblivion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 8:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
"Western Values" were drawn from Biblical values, and included conquest by genocide, slavery, subjugation of women, and hatred of anyone who is "not like us" ("us" being the wealthy, white, male landowners who comprised the "Founding Fathers").

+1

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 5:34 am

Everything listed there has already been cast aside. No need to throw out the baby along with the bathwater.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 8:43 am

Aristophanes wrote:
Fnord wrote:

+1

+2

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 10:01 am

How anyone can be swayed by this argument is beyond me. Something is bad today because it used to be a different way a long time ago even though it's nothing like it was then now.

Yes Mr. Jones. You may have grown into a very mature, well respected, insightful and highly intelligent adult today. But 30 years ago when you were a teenager you were running with a gang, so none of that counts for anything.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 May 2016, 10:40 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
Fnord wrote:

+1

+2

If you think those are 'western values' then you are very ignorant about the rest of the world and history but I suspect this is your own self hatred and guilt speaking rather than rational thought. The collapse and death of Western Civilization would be the beginning of another Dark Ages, it is ONLY thru Western Civilization that all those awful things you listed which have existed since then beginning of time were ended.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 10:42 am

Just because it's amusing to quote some reality...

Samuel Iam (7 months ago [edited]) wrote:
"Have you no common sense at all"?

Amerikans voted for Bush - twice.
Amerikans voted for Obama - twice.

Does THAT answer your question, Mr. Putin?

If it weren't for this man, Obama and his puppeteers would have already started WW3. He's smarter, stronger, and muuuuch better at 'global chess' that the lunatic sociopaths Amerikans elected in Washington, as evidenced by his move to 'help' the US defeat ISIS. lol! WHAT A SHITSTORM I BET THAT CREATED IN WASHINGTON!

Obama (as the front man) has to eat crow and go along with Putin, pretending he WANTS ISIS stopped, when nothing is further from the truth, witnessed by Obama trying to get all his pet countries over in Europe to forbid Russian plane flyovers!

But here's MY take; ISIS and al Qaeda are going to be PISSED at being sold down the river by Obama. [He] creates, trains, arms, and funds them - then leaves them hanging in the wind when Putin outsmarts our dumbass Obama - again.

We may just yet see a REAL terrorist attack - and not the US/CIA/FBI/Israeli joint efforts at 'terror', creating illegal wars, illegal invasions, and selling a completely phony 'war on terror' to the US dolts who believe that shite.

If Putin wants to run for US president, he might as well. Obama certainly wasn't Constitutionally qualified, and is, WITHOUT QUESTION - completely unqualified AS a president.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 10:51 am

One more just for good measure...

Jack Robinson (6 months ago) wrote:
The US are the real enemy, Putin knows that, and that's why they're surrounding him and threatening him with nuclear weapons in Europe and Alaska and the creation of military bases with NATO in Russia's neighbouring countries. The US have stagnated in their power and they know this, and are desperately clinging on to the power that they have and will do everything in their power to not pass the baton onto China and Russia as the two new superpowers along with the EU in a multi-polar world. Russia are being perceived as the enemy by the western propaganda machine in the media and are masking the aggression of the US and its European allies against Russia. The US are allowed to bomb hospitals, run military operations in countries against their will, stick their nose in other countries foreign policy and dictate the trade policies of the entire undeveloped world through the IMF and World Bank. However Russia cannot run military operations against a common enemy of the Western Bloc, Russia and Russia's allies (which was, technically spawned by the US during their anti-Soviet warmongering in Afghanistan) and actually kill their targets and not destroy hospitals full of innocent people, and not kill 20 civilians for every one target, in fact, in the last few weeks of Russian military operations in Syria, Russia have killed more IS targets than the US and EU have in a year and have not killed any civilians. Capitalism is a dying ideology and so is the neo-colonial grasp the US has on the western world, once Europe wakes up and smells the coffee, they'll ditch the warmongering US like they should.
+923

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 11:42 am

Jacoby wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
Fnord wrote:

+1

+2

If you think those are 'western values' then you are very ignorant about the rest of the world and history but I suspect this is your own self hatred and guilt speaking rather than rational thought. The collapse and death of Western Civilization would be the beginning of another Dark Ages, it is ONLY thru Western Civilization that all those awful things you listed which have existed since then beginning of time were ended.

I would argue that we're already in another Dark Age-- the world's knowledge is more accessible than ever to a larger swath of people than ever, and yet the ignorance of the body politic has never been greater. That's as dark as it gets.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 12:17 pm

Mikah wrote:
Another Black Pigeon warning.

And were they not English, our forefathers, never more
English than when they shook the dust of her sod
From their feet for ever, angrily seeking a shore
Where in his own way a man might worship his God.
Never more English than when they dared to be
Rebels against her-that stern intractable sense
Of that which no man can stomach and still be free,
Writing: 'When in the course of human events. . .'
Writing it out so all the world could see
Whence come the powers of all just governments.
The tree of Liberty grew and changed and spread,
But the seed was English.
I am American bred,
I have seen much to hate here— much to forgive,
But in a world where England is finished and dead,
I do not wish to live.

Moan and Groan. The sky is falling!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 9:42 pm

Jacoby wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
Fnord wrote:
"Western Values" were drawn from Biblical values, and included conquest by genocide, slavery, subjugation of women, and hatred of anyone who is "not like us" ("us" being the wealthy, white, male landowners who comprised the "Founding Fathers"). It's about time they were consigned to oblivion.
+1
+2
Conquest by Genocide: The Canaanites and the American Indians.

Slavery: The Israelites in Egypt and the Black Africans in the American South.

Subjugation of Women: Levitican Laws on selling one's daughter, and the American "Glass Ceiling".

Hatred of Anyone "Not Like Us": The Samaritans and the American Moslems.

More?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 9:49 pm

Oh wait; was that London *Falling*? My mistake.

Although, this video is quite watchable, too...