Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 4:05 pm

You remarked on his height, he remarked on yours, it's really not that big of a deal. If you don't want him to comment on your height, don't comment on his, it's that simple.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 6:27 pm

izzeme wrote:
that remark is a well know joke-like comment.
Asking about someones height isn't a bad thing per say, but a tall person gets such comments several times every day (i'm 6'6, i know what i'm talking about) so i guess you were just one too many that day.

Also, flat-out stating that you "knew" he was adding a few inches wasn't a smart move; i recommend just not commenting on height unless it's relevant (like "slow down, my short legs can't walk that fast").
how'd you feel if everyone you met actively noticed how short you were, by saying it or simply be staring at you, don't you think that you will be fed up near the end of the day?

I didn't say to his face he was a few inches under his claim of "6ft5" but that's just what I was thinking in my mind. If he didn't like his height either than why would he claim taller than he was?

And can I just make a point too..... maybe to you who is very tall I might look like a complete dwarf but compared to the whole population in the UK I am only 2 inches under average (3 inches under average amongst the young crowd).

Most people don't believe me either when I claim 5'7 and insist I am taller like 5'8 and some have even guessed me at 5'9 and on the odd occasion 5'10. I am slim of course and have great posture and thick so that helps me to :)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 6:40 pm

RedPill56 wrote:
I'm 6'1', and I know it can get annoying when people keep commenting on you're height. When people keep calling you tall it makes you feel like a freak, so he may be very insecure about his height.

No offense but 6'1 in my opinion isn't tall enough to get comments all the time about your height. I can understand people making remarks all the time if your 6'6 like the other poster but how can you be made to feel like a freak at just over 6feet?

Are you from a country where the average heigt is under 5'9?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 7:01 pm

Jamesy wrote:
And can I just make a point too..... maybe to you who is very tall I might look like a complete dwarf but compared to the whole population in the UK I am only 2 inches under average (3 inches under average amongst the young crowd).

Most people don't believe me either when I claim 5'7 and insist I am taller like 5'8 and some have even guessed me at 5'9 and on the odd occasion 5'10. I am slim of course and have great posture and thick so that helps me to :)

All the more reason why you shouldn't be offended--you are basically saying that you are "normal"

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 7:21 pm

Oh yeah I need to mention this.

I was sitting down and talking to a group of young guys at the bar a year ago. My memory is hazy but I think I did bring up the topic of height and one of the guys said to me "stand up" when I stood up he laughed a bit and said to his friends "ha ha look how short he is". The guy who said this was also 6ft3 but of course he rounded up 2 inches and stated "6ft5" for his stature. A lot of 6ft3 guys I have met claim 6ft5 in fact I was hanging out 2 weeks ago with a guy that I'd estimate was 6ft3 range that once said he was "6ft6".