Not Liberal? Watch Out For The Facebook Police!

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 7:00 pm

Media Ignoring a MAJOR Part of the Facebook Scandal. http://tiny.iavian.net/abs0

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 7:50 pm

This is along the same lines :

From Drudge:

THEY WANTED TO REGULATE DRUDGE! Thank you, Jesus, for Free Speech! Another reason we need TRUMP!

First Came the Drudge Link. Then the Death Threats.. http://tiny.iavian.net/abgu

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 7:52 pm

Censorship yet another reason for me to not like Facebook.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 8:09 pm

Breitbart is banned from being on suggested news articles. Zuckerburg hates Trump so much he won't grow a pair and Talk to Milo. Instead he will talk to cheetodustface Glenn Beck.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 10:04 pm

To be fair Facebook has the right to regulate all content posted on Facebook.

It's in the Terms of Service.

Zuckerberg supports Sanders and is hated by Clinton supporters for deleting their pro Clinton posts.

But Zuckerberg is well within his legal right, since it's in the Terms of Service.

Twitter on the other hand is being accused of favoring Trump at the expense of everyone else.

The point is when you use a service, you have to agree to their rule and abide by them.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 8:40 am

On another news website (unfortunately with a paywall, thus no link) 2 fake Facebook accounts were set up, one liberal, one conservative. You could click on a topic and compare the feeds side by side, it's fascinating to see the contrast. Even the difference between a topic like Hillary vs Sanders. An opposing viewpoint button is a suggestion Facebook should consider.

But ultimately Facebook is a business that needs to attract eyeballs to sell advertising- they are capitalists trying to make money. Let the market decide. I did, by deleting my account and citing this issue as the deciding factor.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 9:30 am

xenocity wrote:

Zuckerberg supports Sanders and is hated by Clinton supporters for deleting their pro Clinton posts.

But Zuckerberg is well within his legal right, since it's in the Terms of Service.

Twitter on the other hand is being accused of favoring Trump at the expense of everyone else.

The point is when you use a service, you have to agree to their rule and abide by them.

Not to mention Zuckerberg owns it, it's not a publicly owned site it is privately owned...so yeah he's got the legal right to censor however he chooses. Granted the article posted came from an internet garbage can site for conservatives who want to fill their heads with negativity all day so I can't even be sure those were even actual things people got banned/penalized for or if its just the right wing spin of that article and the site it came from.

If one doesn't like facebook they can always deactivate their account and stop using it.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 May 2016, 10:07 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Not to mention Zuckerberg owns it, it's not a publicly owned site it is privately owned...so yeah he's got the legal right to censor however he chooses. Granted the article posted came from an internet garbage can site for conservatives who want to fill their heads with negativity all day so I can't even be sure those were even actual things people got banned/penalized for or if its just the right wing spin of that article and the site it came from.

If one doesn't like facebook they can always deactivate their account and stop using it.

Facebook is a publicly traded company, Zuckerberg owns less than 30% of Facebook. He's a globalist goon who cooperates with China over censorship so it is not surprising he is doing the same here in the US, he should not be trusted or respected. Zuckerberg wants unlimited slave labor and 'free trade' for Silicon Valley, these people are worse than the robber barons of yore. Him inviting the 'Never Trump' people to meet with him should tell you a lot, Facebook was not an original idea but Zuckerberg was selected to become one of the elites among the new world order. The man is a smiling fascist piece of ****, he's not your friend. Use Facebook with caution, it is one big honeypot.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 10:36 am

Huh, I find all this fascinating. Facebook has been manipulating what you see for a long time, not just politically. Personally, if I were running facebook, I would be running sooooooo many psychological experiments, constantly. The amount of data it has, if what I've heard about how much it collects is true, is mind-boggling.

I did not know of the purported twitter being conservative thing either. Very cool.

I also find it quite interesting that this sort of censorship people find appalling when plenty of other media sources, especially in the past, had plenty MORE censorship than exists today.

Poor motivation

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 May 2016, 10:45 am

How is Twitter in any way conservative? Perhaps if you use it as a conservative news aggregate it is but is this coming from the trending topics? Twitter censors plenty of stuff by the way.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 10:54 am

You're not Facebook's customer, you're their product, to think otherwise is foolish.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 11:00 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
xenocity wrote:

The article came from Drudge and if you read the second article I posted it was about how the Left wants to regulate Drudge. WHY? Because DRUDGE tells TOO MUCH TRUTH about the Left - truth they don't want getting out.

Darn, I flunked.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 11:28 am

Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Facebook is a publicly traded company, Zuckerberg owns less than 30% of Facebook. He's a globalist goon who cooperates with China over censorship so it is not surprising he is doing the same here in the US, he should not be trusted or respected. Zuckerberg wants unlimited slave labor and 'free trade' for Silicon Valley, these people are worse than the robber barons of yore. Him inviting the 'Never Trump' people to meet with him should tell you a lot, Facebook was not an original idea but Zuckerberg was selected to become one of the elites among the new world order. The man is a smiling fascist piece of ****, he's not your friend. Use Facebook with caution, it is one big honeypot.

Who selected Zuckerberg?

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 11:33 am

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Who selected Zuckerberg?

Zuckerberg owns a special class of stock that gives him the voting majority in the company.
This is how he retains ownership and control of Facebook.
He literally can vote to take the company private again if he wants.

The other shareholders have minimal voting power or none, depending on the stock they own.

This is how Ford family keeps control of Ford, Jobs kept control of Apple despite shareholder revolts, etc...