Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 1:04 am

i'll have to google that one. :chef:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Jan 2020, 1:06 am

It sounds awesome. Love pizza. It would be like a "stack of pizzas" or even "the tower of Pizza".

I'm not as slim and trim as I'd like. Need to start jogging/running again - had to stop due to an ankle I twisted a month or two ago while doing leaflet drops for the estate agency I assist now and then.

Still slightly swollen but I reckon I must start again anyway.

That way, one feels less guilt about having your cake plus eating it...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 1:07 am

envirozentinel wrote:
It sounds awesome. Love pizza. It would be like a "stack of pizzas" or even "the tower of Pizza".

I'm not as slim and trim as I'd like. Need to start jogging/running again - had to stop due to an ankle I twisted a month or two ago while doing leaflet drops for the estate agency I assist now and then. Still slightly swollen but I reckon I must start again anyway.That way, one feels less guilt about having your cake plus eating it...

mebbe to be on the safe side, wear an ankle brace and extra-padded shoes? :idea: my running days are decades gone. too much arthur-itis.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Jan 2020, 1:37 am

What do you take to alleviate that?

my blog:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 1:42 am

envirozentinel wrote:
What do you take to alleviate that?

lifestyle hygiene. daily vigorous walk up and down hills wearing custom ortho padded shoes with no pressure points. no carefree walking as i have to watch every movement to avoid injury. anti-inflammatory regimen includes:
*no refined carbs.
*daily intake of various forms of refined curcumin/turmeric with Bioperine to increase the bioavailability of the curcumin/turmeric.
*daily intake of a "5-lox [inflammation] inhibitor, derived from frankincense.
*daily core strength exercises and home-made yoga poses/movements to maintain muscle memory of graceful movement.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Jan 2020, 1:52 am

Wow! Is the treatment effective? Quite a holistic regimen there.

Curcumin is derived from cucumbers isn't it? Not to be confused with the spice known as cumin used in Indian cookery!

Intake of as much fresh fruits and vegetables as possible is good but not sure how practical it is where you live, and if it's possible to get to a local fresh produce market or to grow anything yourself.

I prolly need to make a few lifestyle changes as well, while I'm still relatively healthy and before it catches up with me! I can't believe I left school just over 39 years ago.

my blog:

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 2:06 am

Chocolate cake.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 2:15 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Wow! Is the treatment effective? Quite a holistic regimen there. Curcumin is derived from cucumbers isn't it? Not to be confused with the spice known as cumin used in Indian cookery! Intake of as much fresh fruits and vegetables as possible is good but not sure how practical it is where you live, and if it's possible to get to a local fresh produce market or to grow anything yourself. I prolly need to make a few lifestyle changes as well, while I'm still relatively healthy and before it catches up with me! I can't believe I left school just over 39 years ago.

Turmeric, sometimes called Indian saffron or the golden spice, is a tall plant that grows in Asia and Central America. The turmeric that we see on shelves and in spice cabinets is made of the ground roots of the plant. curcumin is a therapeutic chemical compound which is extracted from turmeric. i take it in professional nutritional supplement form. i graduated from high school in 1979. 41 years ago. ach. :| i live in a "food desert" out in the middle of the sticks, as they say. closest wallyworld [Walmart] is about a 40 minute [speeding] drive down the highway. i useta drink vegetable juice daily until they tripled the price to unaffordability. my staple dietary items are brown [wild] rice and beans. no fruit juices, one banana [with peanut butter] daily. "6-hour diet" = 18 hour daily fast. it keeps my waistline under 35" [6'3" height]. i useta be about 50# heavier and was pretty sick. on a good day my weight is between 195# and #205, it varies [water weight]. you are right about improving your lifestyle while you are still young, i didn't do it until i was middle-aged. if i had lived clean all my life, i'd be in a lot better condition now, i wouldn't have arthritis or several other things.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 12:26 pm

Cheesecake and Vanilla cake are pretty good as well.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 12:44 am

maple and lemon cake.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 6:23 am

Angelfood cake with my mother's boiled icing.

BTW, I grow turmeric. :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 6:25 am

beware that megadoses of turmeric have been known to lead to a certain type of kidney stones. i hafta take such so i am trying to be careful.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 6:41 am

I didn't know that^. Thank you.

It's probably difficult to get megadoses when eating the roots. I think the risk is in the concentrated supplements.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Jan 2020, 7:13 am

In Peanuts, Harriet often makes Angel Food cake with seven minute frosting which Snoopy finds irresistible! Sounds so delicious.

my blog:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 7:21 am

blazingstar wrote:
I didn't know that^. Thank you. It's probably difficult to get megadoses when eating the roots. I think the risk is in the concentrated supplements.

that is good thing for you then. i wish i didn't have arthritis so i wouldn't have to take those capsules. i try to flush out my kidneys with lotsa water all the time.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 7:11 am

Crumb cake is pretty good.