Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 1:17 am

zkydz wrote:
Well, I became aware that I do some sort of running commentary or vocalizations so, I think I 'announce' more than I am aware of sometimes. LOL

ah, i'm prone to the same. :lol:

i'm very wordy and tend to speak/write overly long sentences, and my announcements reflect that.

commentating to myself when having screwed up...saying "i certainly could have done something else" (dry, i know) when getting out of a really crappy situation.

sometimes people overhear it, i don't think they really care. and neither do i.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 7:17 pm

Here is something stupid I used to wear. Seriously, I had a pair of these things. I could kick high, but, getting out of those laces just to pee was a real pain. But, I thought I looked cool LOL

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

tinky2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2016, 8:50 pm

zkydz wrote:
Well, I became aware that I do some sort of running commentary or vocalizations so, I think I 'announce' more than I am aware of sometimes. LOL

Yeah, people frequently ask me "who am I talking to?" or "what?" and I constantly have to explain that i'm just mumbling nonsense to myself.

I have this odd habit of rubbing my nose sometimes when I am listening to a person. I've gotten some confused looks.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 9:03 pm

I thought of a web site
Voices in my head dot com but it was taken.

Never wore those type of jeans. Long time ago and 30 pounds ago I did wear parachute pants.

Around the same time I had pet chameleons and budgies aka parakeets. Some times they came with me on walks.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 10:19 pm

I remember between 1997 and 2003 when I was always running around and jumping in the air, doing Austin Powers impressions. I also wore horn-rimmed glasses as well. I bumped into a woman who was nearly twice as tall as I am while doing those impressions one day in Mid-2003. That put an end to my Austin Powers phase.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 10:37 pm

I also remember trying extra hard to be the ultimate Munro, in order to establish a connection with my dad. I displayed the Union Jack in as many ways as possible. I also started to drink tea in the middle of the afternoon like the British. I even got myself interested in 60s Mod culture and dressed and played the part, by emulating The Kinks as much as I could on a budget. I've also listened to British 60s Radio on the Internet every waking hour that I was at home, the entire year of 2014.

I did this from the time I turned 12 until I crashed and burned the early months of this year, 2016.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 12:22 am

zkydz wrote:
Here is something stupid I used to wear. Seriously, I had a pair of these things. I could kick high, but, getting out of those laces just to pee was a real pain. But, I thought I looked cool LOL

looks good. i'd wear them if they came in black. 8)

i sometimes cover my mouth when i speak. it might have come from wanting to not be offensive when speaking with my mouth full, but it's now done when the mouth is empty, more often than not.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 7:00 am

They did come in black :) My pair were black with white draw strings. Had to be skinny to wear them though. They were not made of portly people, as I later became.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 7:10 am

zkydz wrote:

Very fashionable, sir :)

In the eighties I had a cerise red pant suit with those pleated trousers and a short-waisted blouse with shoulder pants. Like Right Said Fred at the bottom, and Michael Jackson from the waist up. I thought I looked very grown up :)

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 7:20 am

I am the worst when it comes to clothing. I will not buy clothing until I have to. So, I wore all those 70's style pants until I got to heavy to do so. That was about 26-27. That would be 86-87. How out of style was I? LOL

I worked at a place that the secretary called me 'merman' because of all the wide bell bottoms my pants still had.

LOL

I am so clueless LOL

At least I never wore clogs LOL

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 12:57 am

hey, i would wear clogs...if only for the novelty. there's something about the detail and beauty of some of their designs you just don't see in run of the mill, soft shoes.

zkydz wrote:
They did come in black :) My pair were black with white draw strings. Had to be skinny to wear them though. They were not made of portly people, as I later became.

black AND white? even better! i've got slender legs so might not be a problem for me. :idea:

ideally i would buy clothes only when i needed too...but i have a mother who insists on throwing out clothes when worn once.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.