Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 7:46 pm

I don't have any tatts, but I've always, sort-of, wanted a rose----that watercolor tatt was BEYOND fabulous----but, I've always talked myself out of it, cuz what if however amount of time, later, I change my mind, and wish I didn't have it; it'd be too bad (yeah, I know they can be removed, but).

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2016, 9:04 pm

The way I looked at it was I was quite nervous about getting my first tattoo. I really debated it. I thought that maybe sometime in the future I might regret it. But then I thought, if I don't get a tattoo, then maybe someday I would regret that I hadn't got one. So I did it, and did it, eight times (with some being expanded and retouched). For me, so far in my life, I don't regret it. However there was one tattoo that I really struggled with. It was a tribal centered on my sternum with symmetrical wavy lines going horizontally across my chest. After I looked at the completed piece I noticed it seemed crooked or not level. And upon measuring it, it was crooked. I went to a different artist who made some adjustments to it and added another section of tribal work going down my stomach. And still it looked crooked. Finally I found a very talented artist who expanded sections of it and now it looks straight. Was I ever relieved. My main advice to anyone getting a tattoo is to scrutinize its placement and assure yourself the stenciling looks right to you before the ink goes in.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 3:21 am

QuillAlba wrote:
All the tattooooos in this thread look f*****g awful

eye of the beholder my friend

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 3:23 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
I don't have any tatts, but I've always, sort-of, wanted a rose----that watercolor tatt was BEYOND fabulous----but, I've always talked myself out of it, cuz what if however amount of time, later, I change my mind, and wish I didn't have it; it'd be too bad (yeah, I know they can be removed, but).

I must have debated mine for around 10 years, now I feel embarrassed that I debated it at all. I hardly notice it is there most of the time, it just becomes a part of you, but when I do notice it, I absolutely love it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 3:25 am

thehandler wrote:
Are there any other autistic people here who have tattoos? I am a suspected autistic and I have one and I just worry that if I ever get the chance to one day pursue a diagnosis the tattoo on my arm will be used to discredit me (as in: you can't possibly have autism cos autistic people can't do this this and this and so on) as it's rather visible...

Do any autistic people here have tattoos?

I am sure some do, the sensory issues people on the spectrum have vary so tattoos might not be so bothersome to some while to others they could irritate sensory issues too much. I myself have thought of it before but not sure of anything specific I really want a tattoo of, but I can usually handle some amount of pain alright I have my ears peirced though havent worn ear-rings for quite a while since most of them seem to irritate my ears but the piercings are there if I want to put anything in them, but yeah barely felt it when I had it done.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 8:17 pm

I have three tattoos ATM, all on my right arm, and I'm planning on getting many more.

I can understand where the "aspies can't get tattoos" sentiment comes from- aspies tend to have a low pain threshold, but the "pain" of getting a tattoo isn't the same as, say, cutting your skin. Last piece I felt pain for about two seconds and then just numbness. When I was larger they hurt even less due to all the fat.

I love my tattoos :)

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 10:07 pm

I've never heard the stereotype that "Aspies can't get tattoos". I have one of my own, but I got mine over my healed/faded self-injury scars where there's lots of scar tissue, so the amount of pain was minimal. I plan to get another over my other set of scars once they fully heal.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 8:26 am

Yes, I've got a tattoo. I took the pain much better than I thought.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 9:01 am

I don't have a tattoo, but I would like to get one some day. Used to be very indecisive as to what design I'd like until the obvious answer came: I'll design it myself, then find a talented inker. :) In terms of sensory issues, I do find certain textures more abrasive than other things but generally speaking I don't struggle much with this at all - I doubt the needles alongside any associated pain would be enough to phase me. I previously used to perturb my orthodontist over how calm I was dealing with some very beastly dental work. In any case, I reckon the most discomforting thing if I do get a tattoo will be the prospect of fumbling any small talk the artist might initiate and sounding like an idiot.

electricsaygeo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2016, 1:51 pm

I am 18 and autistic, and I got a tattoo on my chest this year, it's symbol from a videogame that I used to love to play with an autistic friend, and I think it looks awesome :D

Buka1804
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jun 2017, 11:29 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Have one but would like another. I like the look of the watercolour tattoos though am concerned it would look terrible within 5 years. it would not be exposed to the sun though.

something like this

It is amazing watercolor tattoo!! ! I very like this kind of tattoos. I serve a lot at net and found a good site with watercolor tattoos "flowertattooideas" But the tree which your found is the best!! !
As for me, I haven't any tattoo yet. But when I decide to get it, I will definitely get a watercolor type :heart:

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 11:56 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I know many if not most people get them when they are still teens because teenagers never think about how that tattoo is going to be with them for the rest of their life.

I got my first tattoo at the age of 36 (after working on designs for 18 months). At the age of 44 I became a licensed professional tattooist.

Been an artist since childhood, but it took maturity for me to appreciate human skin as an artistic medium, with a long (thousands of years) history and limitless potential.

Yes, there are bad tattoos in the world, but there are people who draw stick figures and there's Leonardo Da Vinci. The existence of talentless scratcher hacks takes nothing away from the existence of true art.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 2:08 pm

Tattoos are turning into somewhat of an obsession of mine.

I have a Twin Peaks design on my right forearm, an image of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises behind my right knee, and tomorrow I am getting a green mushroom on my left wrist from the Mario franchise.

I may upload them later.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 11:58 pm

I got my first tattoo when I was 18. It was of a round Celtic-like pattern on my left shoulder-blade. I didn't know I was autistic then. I'm 40 now and it still looks fine.

More recent tattoos were done 3 years ago - an NX-01 mission patch (Star Trek) on my left upper arm which is nice and colourful and a bright green puzzle piece on my right wrist - my mum likes that one.

Recently I got two more - a tiny semicolon cat, also on my right wrist, and a Greek symbol psi on the inside of my left forearm. That one was quite painful compared to the others.

I haven't thought of any more tattoos to get. I'm pretty happy with my lot.

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 2:38 pm

I have some and i am intending to get many more! It has also turned into quite an obsession in my case, but thanks due to the lack of financial resources i cannot live my obsession as much as i wanted to

TrendyKitty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2019, 8:44 pm

I got a tattoo January 12, 2018 after Christmas and I have High Functioning Autism but not Aspergers. I actually have excellent social skills, anyway I actually was the bravest person who got tattooed at that tattoo parlor. I was actually was always super brave!! Also, I only said “Ow!” once as in the very 1st time it went on my skin! :D :)