Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2016, 10:25 pm

A girl who hurt me a lot (read this thread if you want more details: viewtopic.php?t=317948) just friend requested me on FB. Now, I know that this is almost meaningless, as it's merely the action of pressing a button, but it brought up (again) my unhappiness with the situation, and a need to end my thoughts about her once and for all. What is the best way to go about this? Do I accept her friend request and try to talk it out with her? Do I ignore it?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 12:00 am

I would accept the friend request, and talk it out with her. This would either provide closure, or it might provide an opening.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 12:31 am

Reject, ignore, and block it for now. Reminders of her in any form will not still your thoughts. You simply are not emotionally stable enough to handle resuming any interactions with her yet due to your lack of life-experience. Most people statistically do not get and stay with their firsts anyway. The reality is that the pain is just too unbearable to the point where most people actually end up partnering with another partner who has experienced similar and thus there is more understanding between the two.

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2016, 9:54 am

I think I'll do something in between: I'll ignore her friend request, and if she messages me via text about it, then I'll talk it out with her.