Is there a Kmart store in your area?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BabbityRabbity
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 May 2016, 8:38 pm

I went to Kmart today! I was surprised it was there, the other one that used to be nearby closed, and I thought the whole chain had closed. I was not a fan of this one though, the music was very loud, and they were doing photography in the corner so lights were flashing, and things were not labeled well so it took a long time for my mom and I to find what she needed. Blegh.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 9:47 pm

Haven't had Kmart here in Canada since 1998. I have a vivid memory of shopping in the store as a child, and playing with the Nintendo Virtual Boy they had on display back in 1995.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 11:45 am

Nope. Closed down years ago along with every other Kmart in Canada. Sucks. :(

Guess soon I'll have to go online to buy anything halfway-decent. When you buy something offline you actually get to see what you're really buying and not just a picture of it, and you get it right away instead of having to wait several days And you don't have to worry about it getting lost in the mail or delivered to the wrong address or being a complete rip-off because the seller claimed the item was 12 inches high when it was actually 12 centimeters, and you don't have to pay at least 20 extra dollars for shipping and handling nonsense.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 9:32 pm

What's the appeal of K-mart again?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 12:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We used to have Woolworth's and McCrory's on the same street. They both had "lunch counters." When I was a kid, I used to envy the people who could afford to have lunch and those nice fruit drinks there.

E.J. Korvettes was an institution on Long Island until the late 1970s.

Kresge's: never heard of the place--but I imagine it was like many five-and-dime stores of the time.

Kresge's is essentially K-Mart, being they were both owned by the Kresge Family (until K-Mart was bought by Sears.)

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 4:20 am

NewTime wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
There's one being built right now. Could possibly be open in time for christmas.

I didn't think they had built any new KMarts since like the 90s

They are almost all dingy stores with not so good prices

I remember there was one in my hometown near my house, they use to check your receipt and bags at the door with a security guard, it was ridiculous.

It's probably being built in Australia. There's a Kmart chain in Australia. It split up from the chain in the United States and now just shares the name.

Yes, Australia. It's owned by a company called Wesfarmers over here. I don't think they have any ultimate US holding company. I live in a growing town, more big stores had to come eventually but I would have preferred a new shopping centre full of smaller retail stores to be honest.

thesewalls
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2016, 4:06 pm

Used to be a K-Mart a mile away. Got torn down and replaced with a Wal-Mart. The wheel may be turning, but the hamster's dead.

tinky2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2016, 5:37 pm

There's one down the road from me but I don't like to it as it takes ten gagillion million years to get checked out. They need self check outs at Kmarts.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2016, 8:59 pm

Nope

Just an IGA about 10 minutes by car

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 8:15 am

We have two near me. I used to work at one. There was a third, but it closed in early 2015. I went there and took several pictures of the store before it closed.