Do you think I have Aspergers or not? Please read?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Koloz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2016, 10:02 pm

Hello everyone I'm new here and I wanted your guys opinion on whether or not I'm an aspie. When I was little around pre school age I had 'friends' I went on play dates with but never became close with them and preferred to be alone most of the time then and I never liked being physically touched and still really don't. When I was around 5 I got a woody doll that I would have an attachment to up till about 13 years old. I would play with it standing In The kitchen and I took off one of his boots and chewed it up over several years. In elementary school all through high school till I left I never had friends. I had no interest in teen pop culture and didn't know about it. I was in my own world with my own interests. I still struggle to make eye contact with people and sound kind of robotic when I talk as some people have told me. Physically my upper body is abnormally skinny with very low muscle tone on my arms and I'm really clumsy at sports. I got bullied in school for being bad at team sports. I always have to be fiddling a pen in my hands and rubbing it against something and I dont like when lights inside the house are left on. I like being in low lighting or darkness. Other than that nothing has changed much with me now that I'm 20. I'm not sure what I am but definitely not normal.

Last edited by Koloz on 28 May 2016, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billywasjr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 May 2016, 10:20 pm

Your descriptions aren't really enough to base an opinion. If you read the DSM5 criteria without context or training, that's practically useless. I think this summary is pretty good, it's the DSM5 criteria with some examples given to add some context to each of the criteria. Evaluate yourself against this and if you want you can post a follow-up with your thoughts.

Also, search for online Aspie quizzes and see how you score. Those are not diagnostic obviously, but they seem to be strongly correlated.

https://depts.washington.edu/dbpeds/Scr ... Guidelines)Feb2013.pdf

Ok so the link appears broken... Google "examples of autism dsm 5 washington" and click the first link.

Last edited by Billywasjr on 28 May 2016, 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 May 2016, 10:22 pm

Maybe, it sounds possible from your description but we can't diagnose you.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 12:46 am

People here can relate you you not following teen trends and generally enjoying solitude

However there really aren't any red flags.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 1:02 am

sounds like you stim, which lots of us do.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 5:59 am

Are you in college now?

Koloz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2016, 11:02 am

Yes I'm in college now

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 11:06 am

We cannot diagnose you.

If you think that you might have an ASD, the you would be well off to consult an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health professional. Try the psychology department at your school. They can give you an assessment "off the record", and it shouldn't follow you after graduation.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jack184
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2016, 6:47 am

It certainly sounds pretty close. Obviously, I can't really say yes or no, but it sounds like you have Asperger's.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 6:56 am

My personal rule of thumb is, if someone is autistic, they have had some kind of examination as a child to see what is wrong with them. Even if the diagnosis was just ADD or something like that, there should be some kind of childhood records regarding behavior issues.