Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 2:35 pm

skibum wrote:
I have never heard of the term Crystal Children. I don't know what it means.

You might have heard of "indigo children". Its the same New Age concept. The next wave of kids being born after indigo children are/were "crystal children". But I couldnt tell the specifics of what that means.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 2:37 pm

Oh yes, I have heard of Indigo Children. I never really looked into what it meant but my mom told me that I might possibly be one. My mom knows more about that sort of thing. I will have to look it up to understand further.

Wreck It Ralph

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 7:19 pm

I am the exact opposite.

My earliest memory is from when I was 2.5 years old, which is not supposed to be possible (but Marybird is saying the same thing?)

It is a memory of my dad dropping me off at daycare. I started crying and looked out the window and saw him walking down the stairs. It was raining out and I think it was a Wednesday.

Just today, I was describing an event that took place when I was 3. My dad was going to California on a business trip and my mom and I joined him. We got a hotel room with only one bed, so had to switch. I ran into the new room an jumped on the bed. I remember the beds being SINGLE and that my parents had to sleep in a single bed together, but my mom says there is no way that part happened.

I have a pretty bad visual memory though. I took a personal narrative class a few years ago, and wrote about an event in the summer where I had lunch at a cafe. Someone in the class said that it be better if I described what it looked like. I couldn't remember. I remember what I had and what we talked about, but not what the cafe looked like.

My working memory is pretty awful as well, so when it comes to visual working memory, I'm terrible.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 7:50 am

ocdgirl123 wrote:
I am the exact opposite.

My earliest memory is from when I was 2.5 years old, which is not supposed to be possible (but Marybird is saying the same thing?)

It is a memory of my dad dropping me off at daycare. I started crying and looked out the window and saw him walking down the stairs. It was raining out and I think it was a Wednesday.

Just today, I was describing an event that took place when I was 3. My dad was going to California on a business trip and my mom and I joined him. We got a hotel room with only one bed, so had to switch. I ran into the new room an jumped on the bed. I remember the beds being SINGLE and that my parents had to sleep in a single bed together, but my mom says there is no way that part happened.

I have a pretty bad visual memory though. I took a personal narrative class a few years ago, and wrote about an event in the summer where I had lunch at a cafe. Someone in the class said that it be better if I described what it looked like. I couldn't remember. I remember what I had and what we talked about, but not what the cafe looked like.

My working memory is pretty awful as well, so when it comes to visual working memory, I'm terrible.

This is the kind of memory I'm talking about. I haven't read a lot about memory so I could very easily be way off here, but this kind of memory sounds to me like one that has NOT been reinforced by imagination. So OCDgirl hasn't been making things up over the years to pad out the memory. It sounds to me like her own memory system. Other people may have the same system, sure, but it sounds less like what I would expect from a regular neurotypical memory.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 8:50 am

I have a memory that's like that. It causes me to have flashbacks sometimes. I have to keep myself busy in order to keep those memories at bay.