Why would a Sanders supporter vote Trump? I don't get it.

Page 6 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

11 Jun 2016, 4:26 pm

Oh and about Citizens united. That was about a company wanting to make a hit piece about Hillary Clinton. So it's a pretty clear bet that she's against that decision.



YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,128

11 Jun 2016, 4:55 pm

Quote:
Yeah, why vote for a puppet when you can just vote for the guy pulling the strings. Yeah that makes sense.


Trump bought political favor when he was a businessman because it made him money. That's what a businessman should do.
As a politician, Trump is not taking money from businesses. That's what a politician should do.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

11 Jun 2016, 5:00 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, why vote for a puppet when you can just vote for the guy pulling the strings. Yeah that makes sense.


Trump bought political favor when he was a businessman because it made him money. That's what a businessman should do.
As a politician, Trump is not taking money from businesses. That's what a politician should do.


It's what he should do, but it's not what he would do. Not all politicians do what they should.



YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,128

11 Jun 2016, 5:08 pm

Quote:
It's what he should do, but it's not what he would do.


I'm not aware of his campaign being funded by anyone other than himself.



mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,993
Location: Alberta, Canada

11 Jun 2016, 5:22 pm

There are only two reasons why I'm rooting for Hillary at this point:

1.) She supports healthcare reform.
2.) She isn't Trump.

Well, OK, there's a third reason too, and that's that independent candidates never have a chance in US elections. It always comes down to a Democrat and a Republican. WHY does it always have to be one of the two? Canada has over twice as many major political parties to choose from in its federal elections. Then again, our system works a lot differently, and technically instead of voting for individual candidates, we vote for the parties they represent.


_________________
Every day is exactly the same...


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

11 Jun 2016, 5:33 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
There are only two reasons why I'm rooting for Hillary at this point:

1.) She supports healthcare reform.
2.) She isn't Trump.

Well, OK, there's a third reason too, and that's that independent candidates never have a chance in US elections. It always comes down to a Democrat and a Republican. WHY does it always have to be one of the two? Canada has over twice as many major political parties to choose from in its federal elections. Then again, our system works a lot differently, and technically instead of voting for individual candidates, we vote for the parties they represent.


It's called first past the post elections. This means that whoever gets the majority of votes wins. If there were three candidates running that one candidate would only need 34 percent of the vote. If there were four it would only be 26 percent. We need to change the system so that a candidate has to clear a certain percentage hurtle to get elected.

What happens is when a third party candidate runs they pull support from the candidate most similar to them. If Bernie ran as a third party (which won't happen) he would pull a large amount of the support Hillary has thus guaranteeing Trump the election.

And YippySkippy,

Trump has gotten over 2 billion dollars worth of free media attention according to the NYTimes, CNN, Politico and others. And about the self funding claims, even Trump admits it's a judgement call as to whether or not that's true. Besides just give it time and he'll be courting the likes of Sheldon Adelson, the Koch brothers and others. Even if he doesn't I don't trust a person that buys his way into office.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

11 Jun 2016, 5:40 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
It's what he should do, but it's not what he would do.


I'm not aware of his campaign being funded by anyone other than himself.


Oh and one more thing super pacs are supposed to be run independent if the campaign. So Trump doesn't have to be accountable for the money donated there.



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,190
Location: USA

11 Jun 2016, 5:48 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
There are only two reasons why I'm rooting for Hillary at this point:
1.) She supports healthcare reform.
2.) She isn't Trump.

Trump & Sanders support health care reform, not Clinton.

She says she will defend "Obamacare".



docfox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 87
Location: Pennsylvania

11 Jun 2016, 5:52 pm

I still can't vote for Hillary because if someone on my level did what she did with classified information I'd be in prison.


_________________
Diagnosed Asperger's DSM IV ~2003.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

11 Jun 2016, 6:06 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
There are only two reasons why I'm rooting for Hillary at this point:
1.) She supports healthcare reform.
2.) She isn't Trump.

Trump & Sanders support health care reform, not Clinton.

She says she will defend "Obamacare".


You know Bernie Sanders supports The Affordable Care act too. Hillary has said that she just doesn't believe we can get nations healthcare yet. She should know she had experience leading the effort to reform healthcare. Besides she actually gave a plan Trump didn't.

Trump is a salesman he is just trying to sell his brand. He doesn't care about anything else. He's made that abundantly clear over his lifetime.



docfox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 87
Location: Pennsylvania

11 Jun 2016, 6:21 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
There are only two reasons why I'm rooting for Hillary at this point:
1.) She supports healthcare reform.
2.) She isn't Trump.

Trump & Sanders support health care reform, not Clinton.

She says she will defend "Obamacare".


You know Bernie Sanders supports The Affordable Care act too. Hillary has said that she just doesn't believe we can get nations healthcare yet. She should know she had experience leading the effort to reform healthcare. Besides she actually gave a plan Trump didn't.

Trump is a salesman he is just trying to sell his brand. He doesn't care about anything else. He's made that abundantly clear over his lifetime.

Many Americans will take a career business man over a career politician.


_________________
Diagnosed Asperger's DSM IV ~2003.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

11 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm

docfox wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
There are only two reasons why I'm rooting for Hillary at this point:
1.) She supports healthcare reform.
2.) She isn't Trump.

Trump & Sanders support health care reform, not Clinton.

She says she will defend "Obamacare".


You know Bernie Sanders supports The Affordable Care act too. Hillary has said that she just doesn't believe we can get nations healthcare yet. She should know she had experience leading the effort to reform healthcare. Besides she actually gave a plan Trump didn't.

Trump is a salesman he is just trying to sell his brand. He doesn't care about anything else. He's made that abundantly clear over his lifetime.

Many Americans will take a career business man over a career politician.


Bernie Sanders is a career politician.



gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2016
Age: 54
Posts: 504
Location: USA

11 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm

As an Arizonan , I have may reasons I despise the Clinton's from day one, family in AR already gave me horror stories of the chicken scandals they were deep in. I laughed at my friends voting the hip young clinton as an anti republican and. He and Bush used to be butt buddies. Right as he was elected he broke almost every campaign promised they wanted him for. So for their purpose of voting him? he was no better than Bush. Lel.
But what can I say. My finger to establishment was to vote for Ross Perot.

But it became more solid when the Keating 5 happened and my State was one holding a bag (that relic McCain managed to deflect the blame but I never voted that fppin RINO since.

http://neweconomicperspectives.org/2015 ... eting.html


The Clinton's were major beneficiaries of the predatory lending that caused our first "non" depression. I always disliked Hillary more since she was always the one pushing behind Bill in Politics. Her pretty puppet since the (if you can't be a jock- be a jock supporter) era was not timed for her to make a strong career herself yet.


Nope they are sleazy establishment schills with souls already bought and paid for. I view Trump as lesser evil even if he is a social progressive. Economy first, worry about diplomacy, restructure alliances and Social Justice and abortion later. He is NOT Hitler. No one will be shot against the wall or sent to the incinerators . The hold on immigration is not going to even last out his presidency. Illegals are not citizens and never should be. But at least have them go to back of the line. The SCOTUS he picks will retain the balance of not too many left or right leaning. I pray for Constitutionalist put in and no more legislation from the bench which is ..... unconstitutional. But I'll settle for a right leaning judge in the presently left leaning court (4 libs, 2 moderates that swing left more often and 4 conserv.now -Scalia). I donlt think he is going to literally head for the White House and tell everyone "Your Fired!" And if he is bad? in 4 years our debt will be higher but lower than Hillary and Europe will snark at us.. oh wait, they already do. And Hillary knocked away to non viable goods will mean a meaningful Candidate may be able to wobble out first time in a century. and if he does good? (He ego will make him try to make that true), well hael he might get re-elected 8O


_________________
FFFFF Captchas.


docfox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 87
Location: Pennsylvania

11 Jun 2016, 6:52 pm

:P

Lukeda420 wrote:
docfox wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
There are only two reasons why I'm rooting for Hillary at this point:
1.) She supports healthcare reform.
2.) She isn't Trump.

Trump & Sanders support health care reform, not Clinton.

She says she will defend "Obamacare".


You know Bernie Sanders supports The Affordable Care act too. Hillary has said that she just doesn't believe we can get nations healthcare yet. She should know she had experience leading the effort to reform healthcare. Besides she actually gave a plan Trump didn't.

Trump is a salesman he is just trying to sell his brand. He doesn't care about anything else. He's made that abundantly clear over his lifetime.

Many Americans will take a career business man over a career politician.


Bernie Sanders is a career politician.

And many people would still pick Trump over Sanders for that exact reason.


_________________
Diagnosed Asperger's DSM IV ~2003.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

11 Jun 2016, 7:50 pm

docfox wrote:
:P
Lukeda420 wrote:
docfox wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
There are only two reasons why I'm rooting for Hillary at this point:
1.) She supports healthcare reform.
2.) She isn't Trump.

Trump & Sanders support health care reform, not Clinton.

She says she will defend "Obamacare".


You know Bernie Sanders supports The Affordable Care act too. Hillary has said that she just doesn't believe we can get nations healthcare yet. She should know she had experience leading the effort to reform healthcare. Besides she actually gave a plan Trump didn't.

Trump is a salesman he is just trying to sell his brand. He doesn't care about anything else. He's made that abundantly clear over his lifetime.

Many Americans will take a career business man over a career politician.


Bernie Sanders is a career politician.

And many people would still pick Trump over Sanders for that exact reason.


But this thread is not talking about people like that.