Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Does the summer movie season look promising to you?
Poll ended at 11 Jun 2005, 3:19 am
Yeah, looking to go to many movies this season. 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Yeah, looking to go to many movies this season. 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Yeah, but maybe a few films would be TRUE breakout hits. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yeah, but maybe a few films would be TRUE breakout hits. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'll go see a few, but it's all the same schtick for the past few years. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
I'll go see a few, but it's all the same schtick for the past few years. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Forget it, just over-hyped films that won't reach expectations. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Forget it, just over-hyped films that won't reach expectations. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
I'll just wait 'til it hits the video shelves, PPV, or the movie channels. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
I'll just wait 'til it hits the video shelves, PPV, or the movie channels. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2005, 3:19 am

No. I think there are too many remakes, sequels, adaptations and star-attraction hype in movies, but then that is the way it is nowadays. I want some originality, shocking new films that had little promotion, huge surprises and movies that can hold the top spot for a long long time. Not some movie that is #1 for a couple weeks and then fall off the top 10, put in the back auditoriums, then later to the second-run theaters (aka the dollar theaters, or two, or three, or your arm and leg). Hyped-up movies that do great box-office wise should be on top for a good number of weeks and maintain a healthy run at a theater in my books.

Star Wars episode 3 was a surprise for me with a few low spots early on but a strong ending to glue to the original films.
I may want to see Batman Beyond to see the early days of the Caped Crusader, whether it is good or not.

Other than that, I don't really have much, I don't know any movie that can give me any reason to see it.[/b]

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2005, 9:55 am

I look forward to a few movies this Summer. The one I'm most looking forward to is Batman.