How many hours of sleep do you take per 24 hours?

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 4:47 am

My sleep patterns are all over the place... Hours of sleep for me vary on how exhausted i am, mentally and physically. Can be from 4 to 18 hrs... Just depends on the situations i come upon daily.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Jun 2017, 5:43 am

I need 9 hrs, prefer them early and my spouse ("owl" type) is constantly annoyed by this.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 9:06 am

Without anything making my sleeping habits irregular, I usually sleep between 5-7 hours a day.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 9:38 am

About 12, on average. I tend to need a lot of sleep. I'm currently being tested for Sleep Apnea. My doctor thinks it could explain why I sleep so much.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 12:57 pm

1Biggles1 wrote:
My sleep patterns are all over the place... Hours of sleep for me vary on how exhausted i am, mentally and physically. Can be from 4 to 18 hrs... Just depends on the situations i come upon daily.

Same. But for me it changes periodically. I will go weeks/months with little to no sleep and then there will come the time I sleep at least twelve hours a day.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 1:11 am

komamanga wrote:
1Biggles1 wrote:

Same. But for me it changes periodically. I will go weeks/months with little to no sleep and then there will come the time I sleep at least twelve hours a day.

Yes it is a pain! Even when i wrote that post last night i had been awake for more than 36 hrs ( mainly tooth ache related) and only got 6 hrs and feel ok... I have done event management in the past and have been known to go 3 days none stop as i am fully focused but need almost a month to recover... Even a short 5 minute conversation with someone that maybe not have been a huge interest to me will feel like i have just finished a marathon... Its hard because one cannot always predict what will tire myself out and what will keep me going... just like sleep. It is rather random... Also i dont get good sleep, i am often waking up several times in the night... So as someone posted it may also be sleep apnea as well, which has cropped up with a doctor in the past... Its damn annoying when ones body is tingling due to exhaustion, but then when one gets a cool thought in ones mind its impossible to sleep... Very overactive mind. but i like what i have upstairs ( in my head) and sleeping pills etc dont get me to sleep, but are effective at making me feel like crap all the next day and total brain fog... Sometimes its hard when walking into a kitchen or room why i went in there in the first place. But with those pills, it slows my brain down soo much i am just looking around wandering what the hell i am doing...

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 5:07 am

1Biggles1 wrote:
Yes it is a pain! Even when i wrote that post last night i had been awake for more than 36 hrs ( mainly tooth ache related) and only got 6 hrs and feel ok... I have done event management in the past and have been known to go 3 days none stop as i am fully focused but need almost a month to recover... Even a short 5 minute conversation with someone that maybe not have been a huge interest to me will feel like i have just finished a marathon... Its hard because one cannot always predict what will tire myself out and what will keep me going... just like sleep. It is rather random... Also i dont get good sleep, i am often waking up several times in the night... So as someone posted it may also be sleep apnea as well, which has cropped up with a doctor in the past... Its damn annoying when ones body is tingling due to exhaustion, but then when one gets a cool thought in ones mind its impossible to sleep... Very overactive mind. but i like what i have upstairs ( in my head) and sleeping pills etc dont get me to sleep, but are effective at making me feel like crap all the next day and total brain fog... Sometimes its hard when walking into a kitchen or room why i went in there in the first place. But with those pills, it slows my brain down soo much i am just looking around wandering what the hell i am doing...

Poor... I'm in a period that I'm sleeping more now. Tonight I slept 11 hours for instance. Especially during school, though, I used to go up to 3-4 days with no sleep. It was VERY stressing. And it's totally true how you said you needed a month to recover. I wish there was a way to be productive regularly and sleep averagely rather than having severe ups and downs in the mental activity. And hhh those conversations!!
I have very light sleep too and wake up with every sound/touch. Risperdal, which was prescribed originally for meltdowns, made me sleep very heavy and long. But I have 'chronic brain fog' so I didn't wanna amplify it and stopped taking it.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 7:28 am

Around age 20, I slept 3 or 4 times a week, for up to 15 hours. In my 30s, my schedule would slip later and later until I skipped a night about once a week. I once coined a subtext for the masthead of our company newsletter - "In order to work on tomorrow's technology today, we get up twenty hours before everyone else." It was our hint to not call before noon. Then, I lived with a wood stove that needed a fresh charge every four hours on cold nights. Now, I sleep two or three times a day, but struggle to get past six total for a happy mood. I don't sleep well before any novel activity, so most of my most interesting days have been somewhat sleep-deprived. This has made fatigue something of an intoxicant for me. It does not help that my mother was so strict with bedtimes that I still hate having one. I think that cities are much more pleasant when most people are asleep, and at night it is far easier to work on anything that needs a mental model and can't tolerate interruptions.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 5:10 pm

I go to bed between 9-10 p.m. and wake up at 4:45-5:00 a.m. I am an early riser and am at my best first thing in the morning.