xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
The police said it's not coordinated with Orlando.

The man was a White Christian from the midwest, who is opposed to LGBT rights.

We had those types under police protection at the Spokane pride parade, who screamed and hollered how everyone present were going to hell, which included gays, lesbians, bisexuals, us straights present, and... gasp... masturbators (let he or she who has a free hand cast the first stone)!

The point is Christians regularly attack and kill LGBT folks even at parades.

Well, most Christians actually don't.

nor do most Mulisms and Jews.

The U.S. Protestantism is the most violent and radical of the bunch, counting for most Christian killings.
Trump is getting tons of praise on Social media and internet today from American Protestants and some other American Christians while Hillary Clinton, Obama, the FBI and Police are getting attacked by them for supporting LGBT, Muslims, and the Orlando shooter.

Trump is attacking Muslims in the name of Christianity and the U.S. today on Twitter.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:51 pm

Man identified as James Howell of Indiana and the Santa Monica police chief said he told one of thier officers he wanted to "harm the gay pride parade".

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:55 pm

Trump issued a full statement
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-rele ... st-attacks

He gets key facts about the Orlando shooter purposely wrong... The shooter is confirmed to be American born citizen by the FBI.

Anyways read the statement at your own risk.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 4:01 pm

xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:

We had those types under police protection at the Spokane pride parade, who screamed and hollered how everyone present were going to hell, which included gays, lesbians, bisexuals, us straights present, and... gasp... masturbators (let he or she who has a free hand cast the first stone)!

The U.S. Protestantism is the most violent and radical of the bunch, counting for most Christian killings.
Trump is getting tons of praise on Social media and internet today from American Protestants and some other American Christians while Hillary Clinton, Obama, the FBI and Police are getting attacked by them for supporting LGBT, Muslims, and the Orlando shooter.

Trump is attacking Muslims in the name of Christianity and the U.S. today on Twitter.

Most - if not all - violent Protestants are of the fundamentalist and evangelical type, rather than mainline Protestants. I doubt you're going to see many Lutherans or Episcopalians shooting someone up for nutso religious reasons. And I seem to recall a probably schizophrenic Catholic man who had shot up an abortion clinic. My point being, insanity might be more common to one faith as opposed to another, but it's not exclusive.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 4:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Most - if not all - violent Protestants are of the fundamentalist and evangelical type, rather than mainline Protestants. I doubt you're going to see many Lutherans or Episcopalians shooting someone up for nutso religious reasons. And I seem to recall a probably schizophrenic Catholic man who had shot up an abortion clinic. My point being, insanity might be more common to one faith as opposed to another, but it's not exclusive.

The problem is guns are free following through this country with over 350M legal and illegal fire arms.
There is a massive lack of funding of mental health services and disability services
There is a massive amount of anger the Right, GOP and Christian right over LGBT rights and newly created Gay Marriage under the constitution.
Add in the growing fear and hatred over Transgender rights and the polarization of the public over bathroom rights, you are going to see more shootings from religious people as the year goes on.

With Hillary Clinton likely to win in November, it's going to drive even more people to extremes because woman is likely to become president which means the furthering of feminism.

This is not even adding in the hatred and fear of minorities (many minorities fear and hate other minorities).

American society has tons of key issues it has to overcome before this country will come to peace and stability with itself.

Until Americans are willingly to work through those issues and do what is necessary for the good of the people, nothing will change and this will be a regular staple of American life for the foreseeable future.

Things are going to get worse before getting better.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 4:40 pm

xenocity wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Where are you getting the police have not released his name, and they said the they do not believe it is related to Orlando not that it definitely is not.

I never said they didn't release his name.

I'm thinking ASPartOfMe just left-out a word, and MEANT to say: "Where are you getting THAT. The police have not released his name....."; or, something like that----like I said on the Christine Grimmie thread.

Will you please, PLEASE take a Ritalin and call us in the morning!!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 11:31 pm

Santa Monica police chief refuted by her Lieutenant who says Howell never said he wanted to harm Gay Pride Parade

Friend/Co-Worker says Howell had a male partner

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 13 Jun 2016, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2016, 12:09 am

xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:

The problem is guns are free following through this country with over 350M legal and illegal fire arms.
There is a massive lack of funding of mental health services and disability services
There is a massive amount of anger the Right, GOP and Christian right over LGBT rights and newly created Gay Marriage under the constitution.
Add in the growing fear and hatred over Transgender rights and the polarization of the public over bathroom rights, you are going to see more shootings from religious people as the year goes on.

With Hillary Clinton likely to win in November, it's going to drive even more people to extremes because woman is likely to become president which means the furthering of feminism.

This is not even adding in the hatred and fear of minorities (many minorities fear and hate other minorities).

American society has tons of key issues it has to overcome before this country will come to peace and stability with itself.

Until Americans are willingly to work through those issues and do what is necessary for the good of the people, nothing will change and this will be a regular staple of American life for the foreseeable future.

Things are going to get worse before getting better.

Yes, there is far too much suppressed anger directed at groups who others were more than happy to keep out of the mainstream. That's why the rest of us must stand up for our disadvantaged brothers and sisters against the forces of reaction.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2016, 1:09 am

Is it my imagination or is this kinda $#!+ happening here every day now? it sure seems like it.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2016, 1:30 am

Do we have any actual intent with this guy, or is he just a guy who owns guns who was going to a pride parade and misspoke to the cops?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2016, 1:32 am

at least one tv news blurb quoted the cops as saying he had some kinda explosive stuff on him.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2016, 9:58 am

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on the arrest of a heavily armed man who told police he was heading to a gay pride parade (all times local):

7:50 a.m.

A lawyer for a heavily armed Indiana man who told police he was headed to a gay pride parade when they arrested him in California says the suspect's father is cooperating with the FBI.

Louisville, Kentucky, attorney Bobby Boyd tells station WDRB-TV (http://bit.ly/25XoJG5 ) that the father of James Wesley Howell is shocked by his 20-year-old son's arrest and is talking to investigators. Boyd asked that the father not be identified.

Howell was arrested Sunday with a car full of assault rifles and chemicals used in making explosives. He told police he was going to LA Pride in West Hollywood, an event that draws hundreds of thousands of people each year.

Boyd, who represented Howell in a Kentucky case, says Howell is trying to find an attorney in California. He's scheduled to appear in Los Angeles court Tuesday.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jun 2016, 10:08 am

Weird story, not sure what to think. Very odd coincidence, same day and target as the terrorist attack in Orlando. Maybe a copycat? Then again the guy came all the way from Indiana.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2016, 10:24 am

Jacoby wrote:
Weird story, not sure what to think. Very odd coincidence, same day and target as the terrorist attack in Orlando. Maybe a copycat? Then again the guy came all the way from Indiana.

He was arrested early Sunday morning LA time when the Orlando story was just a few hours old. Certaintly not enough time to gather assault rifles and chemicals used for an IED, never mind drive from Indiana. His friend/co worker saying he had a male partner making this story more bizarre. Hating in others what he hated in himself?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jun 2016, 10:47 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

He was arrested early Sunday morning LA time when the Orlando story was just a few hours old. Certaintly not enough time to gather assault rifles and chemicals used for an IED, never mind drive from Indiana. His friend/co worker saying he had a male partner making this story more bizarre. Hating in others what he hated in himself?

Who knows, this story seems fairly typical of a 'fog of war' environment as there almost always is a suspect 2nd gunman or some thwarted attack at another location that turns out to be nothing and totally unrelated. The news media profits from sensationalism and fear, as does our government of course. It doesn't seem like this guy ever actually said he was going to attack the LA Pride festival but rather that he planned to attend it, he had the cops called on him by a neighbor for knocking on someone's door/window suspiciously and was arrested sitting in his car. Three weapons but also this five gallon bucket of some 'chemical' which can be used in making an IED which I really am wondering what that is since I thought IED's were essentially made from easy to get a hold of household items.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2016, 2:46 pm

Jacoby wrote:

When hate shared by extremists for a certain group is involved, it's not surprising that more than one person hits on the same idea from different ends of the country.