When would The One come? A question unanswered...

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

KDS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2016, 12:55 pm

Something every guy wants most of the time is to date a very beautiful girl. How long did I have this problem for? The answer is simple: OVER FIVE YEARS. I know it sounds like a long time which it really is don't get me wrong!

What I've been trying my best to do is to NOT expect it. It's been the most challenging thing I've ever done in my entire life. And to make things worse having autism is not helping me either because that will limit how well I get along with the one or people in general. Do you guys have any advice for me on how to find the one, or better yet let her COME to me?

Any advice would be helpful!

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2016, 4:39 pm

Go and enjoy yourself and the life you have and you probably may find yourself thinking about this less and less. And at age 18, do you have any other goals in your life to be focusing on?

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2016, 6:31 pm

You're 18. I am in my 30's and I didn't find "the one" until just over a year ago.

My advice. Be yourself and don't settle for something that isn't making you happy just because you think it's all you can get.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 2:28 am

I'm going to burst a bubble here, but "the one" doesn't exist.
You will always have to compromise at parts, so make sure you know what is important and what you can live without (does she *have* to be 5'10, or is 5'8 tall enough, for example).

Also, "not expecting it" doesnt mean "stop searching", just keep on (trying to) meeting people and making friends; one of them might turn out to be a good match

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 6:37 am

Looking back, I wish I just relaxed and didnt worry about finding "the one", especially in my early 20s. I did not meet my wife until I was 32 and I never believed in destiny untilI met her.

My advice is not to worry about common hobbies or external beauty (those change over time) but on common values. I worried about everything but it all magically worked itself out once I let go of expectations. This does NOT mean lying on the couch but accepting that whatever happens is going to happen.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 6:46 am

OP: What do you have to offer a beautiful girl?

Keep in mind that you have to compete with men who are not only the same age as you, but men who may be 10 or more years older than you. These men are also likely to have jobs, steady incomes, college degrees, and all of the material perks that come along with being mature, responsible adults.

Be patient, work hard, and stay out of trouble. In 10 years, your "beautiful girl" may find you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jun 2016, 4:33 pm

If you really want a beautiful women, get rich & hire a pretty prostitute to keep you company for a while & you may fall in love. That's what happened in the movie Pretty Woman :D

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 4:48 pm

When God creates your wife from your rib.

Count your ribs every morning.

KDS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2016, 7:46 pm

I've looked back at these replies that people made after I posted this topic (Which happens to be my most popular topic so far!). It looks like I'm getting some advice on how to find the one, or if the one even exists. But I'm still not getting the true answer I've been looking for though.

If you guys think you have the true answer for me please comment on this topic! I would love to know so I can finally get going with these talents I have!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 7:49 pm

KDS wrote:
I've looked back at these replies that people made after I posted this topic (Which happens to be my most popular topic so far!). It looks like I'm getting some advice on how to find the one, or if the one even exists. But I'm still not getting the true answer I've been looking for though. If you guys think you have the true answer for me please comment on this topic! I would love to know so I can finally get going with these talents I have!
If you think that you already know what the "true answer" is, then why don't you just go right ahead and post it?

For that matter, if you already know the answer, then why ask the question in the first place?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 7:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
KDS wrote:
I've looked back at these replies that people made after I posted this topic (Which happens to be my most popular topic so far!). It looks like I'm getting some advice on how to find the one, or if the one even exists. But I'm still not getting the true answer I've been looking for though. If you guys think you have the true answer for me please comment on this topic! I would love to know so I can finally get going with these talents I have!
If you think that you already know what the "true answer" is, then why don't you just go right ahead and post it?

For that matter, if you already know the answer, then why ask the question in the first place?

LOL :lol:

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 8:21 pm

aspiemike wrote:
Go and enjoy yourself and the life you have and you probably may find yourself thinking about this less and less. And at age 18, do you have any other goals in your life to be focusing on?

Pointless advice. You can't tell a lonely person to "go have fun" and expect it'll help. Real advise: Go invest in a career, one that pays well and you enjoy. Go buy a car and get your own place. Go get in shape. It'll help with your health. I don't mean you have to get really big, just in decent shape.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Jun 2016, 10:12 pm

CommanderKeen wrote:
aspiemike wrote:

Pointless advice. You can't tell a lonely person to "go have fun" and expect it'll help. Real advise: Go invest in a career, one that pays well and you enjoy. Go buy a car and get your own place. Go get in shape. It'll help with your health. I don't mean you have to get really big, just in decent shape.
Become a very fit construction worker. They get really sexy women.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition