Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Grimbling
Raven
Raven

04 May 2007, 12:40 am

If you'd asked me a month ago, I'd have said I never hallucinated in my life.

Just recently, though, I've started to see thins - like the white floor tiles with black grout in between in the bathroom will look like they're bulging up or down, like the floor is rubber and someone's poking it from below. Or the texture on the walls will look like it's swimming around.

I've noticed other Aspie-related things are worse than normal for me at the moment - my co-ordination is shot, I'm easily distracted, and a lot more sensitive to sensory overload. Maybe I'm going through a period of Enhanced Aspiness? 8O

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2007, 3:13 am

Ive had a couple since i can remember...the most prevelant one being objects that i stare at morphing and moving around me...i can look at my apartment ceiling at anytime and i will see the drywall/stuff at the top start to form letters and pictures that i cannot quite make out....strangest thing but very neat when im need stimulation...

i also sometimes see what looks like germs in the air when i am in the right kind of light...its like i am seeing everything underneath a microscope but everything else is regular size...

lastly im not as sure if this is just possibly being hypersensative but i have a tendacy to feel tiny tremors a lot of the time...i think thats a good one to have in california...

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:29 am

RaeRae wrote:

Ever heard of Alice in Wonderland syndrome? Its a real neuro thing. I had it for a couple months after a head injury, quite bizzare. I was looking at a quarter in my hand and it looked huge, then I looked around and everything looked huge. I was standing in a laundrymat. I ran out of there. Then I spoke to my neurologist and he explained it to me.

Speaking of Alice in Wonderland- the cartoon disney version from the 50's is the best movie ever.

I used to get this all the time as a kid. It's gradually diminished as I've got older and only happens very occasionally now. I can induce it by staring at certain objects, such as the rim of a cup or a piano-type keyboard. Sometimes it happens when I'm reading - the black print on the white background has something to do with it.

Not many people seem to know about this! There's very little on the internet and I've searched many times over the years.

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

04 May 2007, 8:21 am

Scrulie, its really weird isn't it? I haven't ha dit happen for atleast a month I think. After my head injury it was almost daily and now its more like monthly. Things can also shrink and seem smaller. I fell on my steps several times cause the bottom step looked larger and closer.

Does anyone ever lie and bed and feel like they're getting bigger than smaller, bigger than smaller, bigger than smaller? As a kid is was just my hands that would do that.

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

04 May 2007, 8:36 am

Good article on Alice in wonderland syndrome
[url]http://headaches.about.com/od/migrainediseas1/a/aiw_syndrome.htm[url]

may have to cut and paste. Ita not working as a link for me.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 8:40 am

RaeRae wrote:
Scrulie, its really weird isn't it? I haven't ha dit happen for atleast a month I think. After my head injury it was almost daily and now its more like monthly. Things can also shrink and seem smaller. I fell on my steps several times cause the bottom step looked larger and closer.

Does anyone ever lie and bed and feel like they're getting bigger than smaller, bigger than smaller, bigger than smaller? As a kid is was just my hands that would do that.

Yes!! For me it's bigger and smaller at the same time. Or near and far at the same time. And yes my hands and other body parts would feel disproportionately large, or square, or spongey, including my teeth and the inside of my mouth.

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 8:49 am

I have had it on occasion when ill - I'll be lying in bed and then my thoughts and perceptions make it feel like I have shrunk.
Wierd to think theres a name - I just thought it was fevered delusions or something like that.

natty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2007, 8:55 am

I have hallucinated quite badly at times , but overall they range from stuf like a pattern on walpaper turning into a face , folded towels turning into dogs then theres just whole scenes that come out of nowhere , like when i looked out of my window on xmas morning and everyone had put out there bin bags only they hadn't or when the street turned into a river through a wood and Anneka rice was there compering a canooing event.

bb natty

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 8:56 am

When I want to.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 8:58 am

natty wrote:
I have hallucinated quite badly at times , but overall they range from stuf like a pattern on walpaper turning into a face , folded towels turning into dogs then theres just whole scenes that come out of nowhere , like when i looked out of my window on xmas morning and everyone had put out there bin bags only they hadn't or when the street turned into a river through a wood and Anneka rice was there compering a canooing event.

bb natty

:lol:

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 9:45 am

If I were a visual hallucination; how would you know if I were?

I had a scary voice tell me to kill someone once; the dudes at the mental hospital didn't care when I told them.... :?

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 9:53 am

RadiationHazard wrote:
Sometimes I hear things. Not voices thankfully, just wierd noises that are out of place and can't find the source of.

Like tinnitus? I get that A LOT.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:34 am

Sometimes I will hear strange faraway sounds and snippets of music and words...sorta like a radio braodcast just out of range when i am trying to fall asleep...

Um..
oh yeah..once I worked at this vet/kennel place and the hours were very long, and i was not getting much sleep before having to go into work really early in the morning..and so i was sorta in this constant state of overcaffinated fatigue and everywhere I went, out of the corner of my eye, i would see animals that were not really there...but they would vanish when I looked directly at them.
Out of the corner of my eye a scrub brush would look like a cat on the window sill..or I thought I saw a dalmation under a table...or a boston terrier where the mop bucket was. These were very vivid, and my co-wroker saw them too..or at least said he did...(he was keeping late hours too)

But that was years ago, and it is not the sort of thing that happens all the time.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 2:11 pm

I don't know.
Sometimes i have very little grip on reality.
When it gets too heavy i stay off the drugs for a bit.
No worries.

HolyDiver
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2007, 7:34 pm

I had serotonin syndrome a while back ago, because the doctors didn't put two and two together, so I know what this is like, it's kind of cool (kind of), but scary as hell.

I have a poster of Ozzy Osbourne sitting next to me on the wall, when I didn't sleep for three days along witht he serotonin syndrome it did the following

looked to the left

to the right

and then RIGHT at me, and started laughing at me like in the song "Bark at the Moon".

Scary

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 7:38 pm

you have an Ozzy poster on your wall and your called HolyDiver
FOR SHAME! :evil: