Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LeaPoufyPony
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2016, 11:44 am

So last week i gave a guy that I'm interested in my number and told him to text/call sometime.He said sure and took it.However I ran into him the next day and the first thing he said was "not only did I lost your number but I broke my phone at soccer last night. Then he proceed to tell me that his phone cost him 600 bucks and was disappointed over the loss.Yet he made no attempt to ask for my number again.There was also an awkward vibe between us.

I feel like he was trying to let me down easy...I just don't believe him.I know things like this happen but it is too much of concidence that now he broke his phone after getting my number. Is this rejection?

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 12:07 pm

There is a saying "actions speak louder than words."

Secondly he may not know how to tell people "no"

Nothing wrong on your part

crazybunnylady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jun 2016, 12:33 pm

I think if he had broke his phone and still wanted your number he would have asked for it. It sounds like he is trying to let you down gently. It's a shame people can't be a bit more direct.

In my experience guys are very complicated when it comes to dating. Often they are terrified of it even if they seem quite confident.

Diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome 15/06/2016

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Jun 2016, 2:45 pm

I tend not to ever believe fantastic stories like that as excuses, unless the guy contacts you then I'd assume he is not interested as he didn't just forget the number.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 3:50 pm

I agree that the story seems pretty unlikely. If he doesn't ask for your number or do something to express interest in the next few days then he isn't interested.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 1:23 am

Doesn't seem like he's interested. but he also could have just said nothing too, so I wouldn't know what to think about that.

Either way, I wouldn't have my hopes up if I were you. Unless he makes a move, I'd say just chalk it down to him not being interested.