The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 1004 of 1006 [ 16087 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006  Next

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 10:51 am

Nearly a whole year with no posts. I thought I'd stir up the leaves and see if anything squirms out from underneath.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 11:19 am

lau wrote:
Nearly a whole year with no posts. I thought I'd stir up the leaves and see if anything squirms out from underneath.

Welcome back, Lau! Long time no see!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2021, 11:25 am

lau wrote:

You do realize that some of us have this thread set to notify, right. :)

Virtual café still open here. Rabbit didn't eat all the greens and I didn't eat everything else.

Leftovers today. Chicken and rice + chicken bouillon = chicken and rice soup. Italian sandwiches (Genoa, prosciutto and provolone on hamburger bun) and hot dogs to order. Water, coffee, milk, Orange juice, sparkling cider.

Don't eat the rabbit's dandelion greens. Eat the carrots. Rabbit doesn't care about carrots. That's an urban legend.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

20 Apr 2021, 11:38 am

lau wrote:

Just opened the thread on the first page and thought "I wonder if the guy who started it is still here?" Well, there's my ansewr.

Guess I'll see you all in another three years when I'm old enough. On the other hand, I do feel a bit creaky these days...

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 5:49 pm

OutsideView wrote:
lau wrote:

Just opened the thread on the first page and thought "I wonder if the guy who started it is still here?" Well, there's my ansewr.

Guess I'll see you all in another three years when I'm old enough. On the other hand, I do feel a bit creaky these days...

It was always an either/or. I'm 40+ and not creaky.

My "Smart" home has now got 30 devices connected.

One of my Raspberry Pi's (a zero) is still happily showing off my GPS data. It even has a PPS pin - one pulse per second, with 10ns accuracy.

My new TV (as of yesterday) is a bit of a mistake. It's pretty, but can't record, so I've bought a (£29.99) DVB T2/S2 box for it. To give that box something to record to, I've bought a (£32.99) 2TB(!) USB stick. (I can't decide whether the stick being waterproof is an advantage?)

Starship SN15 is taking forever. It's TFRs have been cancelled. At this rate, they'll have SN16 built before SN15 flies. Crew-2 launch to ISS scheduled for Thursday 10:11 UTC.

Just binged series 1 of Penny Dreadful. Dunno how I'd missed it. Two series to go. Plus waiting for series 3 of The Orville to be finished.

And, my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine is booked for the 29th.

Well. That's all (for now) folks.

DrWhovian74
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2021, 7:43 pm

Hello, everyone!

I'm new here, both over 40 and feeling creaky. I'm looking to meet other 40+ aspies. I hope all of you are doing well. I was diagnosed at age 41 and have been trying to educate myself on all things autism ever since.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 1:52 pm

Hi, everyone!
I’m so glad to see this thread woke up!
Always enjoyed visiting the cafe :D
Just finished carrot cake and hot tea....hoping the cafe still offers fresh bakery selections....I really like Napoleons!

lau
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 1:59 pm

I just finished scoffing my deep bowl of spaghetti with Bolognese sauce and lashings of Parmesan (it is just after 8 pm here).

That was after my starter...

The other deep bowl of spaghetti with Bolognese sauce and lashings of Parmesan.

Now I'm feeling a little peckish. Three bags of crisps should do it.

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2021, 2:12 pm

Got bored with breakfast menu, so breakfast and lunch were beef stir-fry. Normal breakfast and lunch selections were/are available upon request. Will figure out dinner at some point...

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 2:32 pm

The Cafe sounds very tastey . Am so glad to see this thread come to life again .
Hello Everyone . :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2021, 5:30 pm

Greetings!

Pasta and homemade sauce tonight. Everything else is still in one fridge or the other. Reminder: Don't eat the rabbit's dandelion greens.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 8:37 pm

But baby dandelion greens are very tastey almost like baby spinach. Some bunnies have all the luck.

where ever you go ,there you are

lau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 6:11 am

I've just managed to de-necro the cafe before the year is out.

I've done a few things since my last post. I had a brief visit to the hospital for tachycardia - all fine now - at least in part due to (nearly completely) giving up alcohol (a strong beer and a litre of wine every night was probably a bit much). Also, cutting back coffee from <insert some large number here> to one or two a day, probably helped. A little more exercise is a good idea too, so ...

On Monday I adopted 3 yo Yoshi, a large, retired greyhound and a scamp. He's asleep just beside me at this moment.

A merry season to all.

PS. The cookies are behind the aspidistra, as always.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 6:17 am

*walks into cafe for the first time*

lau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 7:13 am

I could say "Mind the step!", but I see that you've already managed that. :)

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 11:10 am

Are there any herbal or decaf teas available?