Do computer problems make you meltdown?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 7:36 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
I wouldnt say meltdown but more of an outburst yes. I broke my computer because it was running too slow, i kept hitting it.

I use my ipad now for most my internet needs, including making posts on WP.

However my ipad does this EXTREMELY annoying thing where while im typing the keyboard will disappear, i try my best not to hit my ipad and end up punching whatever is near me, it did it a few times while typing this comment which is why i accidentally sent SEND without finishing lol.

I wish not to be that guy, but if you press the little text box it reenters the window, It is probably because you clicked or tapped out of the window. I got my iPhone a week or so ago. :) Googling the issue might help.

mournerx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2016, 9:28 pm

Ichinin wrote:
No, why would i? And why would a "meltdown" solve anything? Never had one, for any other reason either.

lol good for u if u don't have meltdowns / can control them, but for most autistic people meltdowns just happen, and are often to do with frustration or incredibly strong emotion or sensory overload. it's a neurological difference and ultimately not a choice, although one can do things to try and suppress them.

twitter @zettelstelle

Dxed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder 16/04/2016

Formal diagnosis is for access to services, not to validate me as Autistic. Self-diagnosis is valid.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 10:06 pm

I've only recently come to the realization that many tantrums were really just meltdowns over the years. I would hit myself, and I just seemed to lose all control when I got overwhelmed with stress and frustration.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2016, 8:56 am

They make me meltdown, though the meltdown is happening in my mind instead of outwardly.

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2016, 9:44 am

I don't get meltdowns over computer problems. I quite like solving this kind of issue and see it as a fun thing to do. We're all different.

Social situations where things go wrong and I can't understand why - now this used to be my big meltdown area. It happens in unstructured environments where there is unstructured social interaction and I have nowhere to go to get away if I can't cope. Nowadays it only happens when I'm involved in prolonged forced social interaction, for instance like a church holiday. Fortuantely, work environments are very structured and people focus on the work so I don't have these issues at work either in IT of Education.

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2016, 10:12 am

My husband has killed 4 computers and 6 monitors due to meltdowns. It's frustration, transition issues, and hyper focus which will trigger them.

So yeah..I seldom ask him for ANY computer help.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2016, 10:26 am

Computers are logical and many of the problems I can figure out. I like how everybody says MACs are easier. I just had to reset my neighbor's MAC and it was the most convoluted process ever. Actually not as robust or easy as the ASUS and others before that, that I use now.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

gsli431
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jun 2016, 2:48 pm

As a child it used to make me anger meltdown but now it doesn't.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2016, 5:40 pm

Yes. I haven't had them as much recently, but that may be due to me getting a new computer.

foca
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jun 2016, 6:34 am

When I was younger they used to but not so much now. Now they just make me want to grab the computer and launch it out of the window.

RAADS-R (Average score for males with asd=148.7)
Total=170 - Language=17 - Social relatedness=65 - Sensory/motor=52 - Circumscribed interests=36

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 1:19 pm

No, I just find it to be annoying and irritating.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

choklado
Raven
Raven

19 Jun 2016, 2:19 pm

Kind of...
I used to play League of Legends with my internet friends but I stopped because it was too much happening at once when playing things like ARAM in the game.
But playing games on my 3DS doesn't make me feel bad at all (for the most part at least).

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 6:27 pm

Yes. I hate technology and it hates me back. I get so frustrated with it because I know nothing about computers, have a mental block against learning, and I'm always having to use one for some reason.

When things break that I can either fix or afford to replace I don't care that much. When I can't do anything I lose it.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 6:31 pm

Don't think it's a meltdown thing for me, not that severe or invasive for me to correlate my technology raging with my meltdowns, I just have a very short fuse when it comes to lag, freezing or blue screen of death! I suppose I can class it as pertaining to autism as I like watching documentaries, listening to music and having white noise blasting to combat my issues with sound sensitivity so if that is impeded it can lead to meltdowns since external noise does my head in very frequently!

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 6:55 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
No, not meltdown as that is a major event involving an extreme reaction, but I do get really angry at my computer and my connection. There are a LOT of F words and "NOoooooo!! STOPPPP I DIDN'T WANT THAT!! ! !" going on here when stuff happens I have no idea what I just managed to click or tile I pressed.

Ditto

I have been pretty much at the mercy of PCs that cannot update properly out of the box since windows 98.
Have yet to throw it out the window...