Do computer problems make you meltdown?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 8:58 pm

Does stress from computer problems make you meltdown? Or is it just me?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 9:04 pm

Yes!!
I have been dealing with this the last two days. I am glad I am not the only one.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 9:37 pm

no, but can get me angry enough to curse at my computer and punch my pillow

MrTyn
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2016, 10:03 pm

Yes, but the answer to all known ailments is usually and eventually a warm boot, a cold boot, a virus check, a reload, a reformat, a new hard-drive or a new machine.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 2:37 am

Noca wrote:
Does stress from computer problems make you meltdown? Or is it just me?

Yes, but I use Macs, so I don't have too many computer problems. It's mostly website problems.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 2:41 am

No, why would i? And why would a "meltdown" solve anything? Never had one, for any other reason either.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 3:59 am

Wireless internet disconnecting makes me almost melt down.

Lol I've even bit the router before in a rage because it kept disconnecting. I had chronic toothache for 2 days after that. :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 4:00 am

Ichinin wrote:
No, why would i? And why would a "meltdown" solve anything? Never had one, for any other reason either.

Unlike a tantrum, an autistic meltdown is something that happens involuntarily and is uncontrollable. I talked online with someone who has frequent epileptic seizures, comparing them to my sudden onset shutdowns and meltdowns and they seem similar. After all both are related to neurology and we both see a neurologist on a regular basis.

As to the original question, I can get overloaded from experiencing too much annoyance and frustration, which can trigger a meltdown.

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2016, 12:58 pm

Yes it is usually at time when I need to get something done (but not always) like print or save something...something simple. Then it doesn't work. I will try a few things resolve the issue, but during that process the stress rises. Then add to that the stress of not knowing how to fix what is more than likely a simple problem sends me over the top. This happens a lot with me and "Tech"...like I was driving my son to swimming lessons and the highway was bumper to bumper and I was using my waze app to go the back roads, it was't working and I melted down and had to call my wife to give me directions while she stayed on the phone. So you're not alone.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 4:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
Ichinin wrote:

Unlike a tantrum, an autistic meltdown is something that happens involuntarily and is uncontrollable. I talked online with someone who has frequent epileptic seizures, comparing them to my sudden onset shutdowns and meltdowns and they seem similar. After all both are related to neurology and we both see a neurologist on a regular basis.

As to the original question, I can get overloaded from experiencing too much annoyance and frustration, which can trigger a meltdown.

Thanks, i know what it is, i've been here on the forum since 2009 and read plenty of threads on the subject. Do not assume that everyone on the spectrum gets "meltdowns" or "shutdowns".

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 4:22 pm

Usually not.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 5:04 pm

No, not meltdown as that is a major event involving an extreme reaction, but I do get really angry at my computer and my connection. There are a LOT of F words and "NOoooooo!! STOPPPP I DIDN'T WANT THAT!! !!" going on here when stuff happens I have no idea what I just managed to click or tile I pressed.

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2016, 5:33 pm

sometimes

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 6:49 pm

When I have a computer problem I usually just start hyper-focusing on solving it because computer science is one of my interests. I have actually considered working at a computer repair store. I am like a stereotypical nerd in a lot of ways.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 7:13 pm

I wouldnt say meltdown but more of an outburst yes. I broke my computer because it was running too slow, i kept hitting it.

I use my ipad now for most my internet needs, including making posts on WP.

However my ipad does this EXTREMELY annoying thing where while im typing the keyboard will disappear, i try my best not to hit my ipad and end up punching whatever is near me, it did it a few times while typing this comment which is why i accidentally sent SEND without finishing lol.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 7:31 pm

I suspect the CloudFlare captcha might be responsible for some equipment damage. :lol:

But seriously, just last week my elderly neighbors handed to me their laptop that Microsoft broke. Microsoft preys on the elderly, pushing through the Windows 10 update without permission. They said it worked for 3 or 4 days and then the screen went checked and f****d up (bad graphics drivers). They tried rolling it back to Windows 7 themselves, and it sort of rolled back but it never booted again (BSODs). That's the condition I got it in. Long story short, Microsoft violates the most common recommendation that everyone (including themselves) gives: don't do major upgrades or installations with the antivirus on!

Fortunately I was able to nurse it back to health without losing anything. I admit there was a brief moment of despair and hopelessness, even had a little "I don't need this s**t!" meltdown.