Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you feel like exercise improves your state of mind?
Yes 58%  58%  [ 18 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 9 ]
Can't tell 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 31

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 1:27 am

I hate exercise, its really really painful and long :(

Hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2007, 8:13 am

I love to walk, but there are no sidewalks where we live now, and I hate walking in gutters or the side of the road., so I haven't engaged in my favorite activity in six years. :cry: I use an elliptical machine, and do push-ups, crunches, squats about five times a week.

I began exercising regularly during my first pregnancy (sixteen years ago), and now can't live without it. Not only does it help my mood, it keeps my weight down, which is a good thing because I eat like a trucker. Oh, and it keeps my heart in tip-top shape -- I've smoked since age twelve (bad, bad, bad, I know), yet my last (and first) cholesterol check showed that my risk for heart disease is *less than half* the normal risk for women in my age group. My good cholesterol (the more you have, the better) is more than twice the optimal amount. Cool beans. :)

--Edgar Allan Poe

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 9:19 am

I like to swim too, and am a pretty strong swimmer. I have to guard against "swimmer's ear" however.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 11:05 am

I love to swim, but seldom get the chance.

I always feel more relaxed and focused after I have been on a long bike ride...I just got back from a 2 hour jaunt around the neighborhood and I feel great.
I like to walk, but I am a little out of practice so my (toe walky) achilles tendons are really tight right now..and it really starts to burn......But i used to always walk during my lunch break a long time ago when I worked in an office...I am trying to get back in the habit. I am really lucky to live in a neighborhood with several nice shady jogging trails...can't run much at all because of my dumb feet...

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 12:18 pm

I voted "can't tell". I don't like exercising; I think it's nothing but a hassle you gotta deal with every day. But I think of it as something like shaving, showering, or brushing your teeth. It takes up time, but it needs to be done.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 1:23 pm

I love exercise. I could watch it for hours.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 5:01 am

I have a life long habit if rocking and jigging a lot so it is in my nature to excercise anyway.
If I am sitting in a couch for an extended length of time I get very fidgity and want to walk around just like when I am driving sitting in a driver's seat for long distances I just simply have to get out and stretch my legs and excercise vigorously or I will go insane.