Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 3:54 am

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 9:16 am

thoughtbeast wrote:

relax. The Israelis will turn it back on again, bye the bye...

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 4:07 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:

I don't think that's the issue here. The issue is that Palestinians are not in control of their own water supply. They have lost not only their land, but also their most basic means of survival. This is blatantly a power-play by the Israelis to remind their subjects who's in charge. I bet no Jew ever has to go a month without running water.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 9:01 pm

Barchan wrote:
BaalChatzaf wrote:

I don't think that's the issue here. The issue is that Palestinians are not in control of their own water supply. They have lost not only their land, but also their most basic means of survival. This is blatantly a power-play by the Israelis to remind their subjects who's in charge. I bet no Jew ever has to go a month without running water.

They did in Auschwitz and Dachau. Also Iranian Jews persecuted there by the government. There enough nastiness to spread around to everyone.

As far as the land goes, the Jewish population was willing to settle for the parcel they bought from the Ottoman Turks, but the Palestinians true to form wanted all Jews out so t he war broke out in 1946 and was won by Jews in 1948. The way the game is played is this: if you start a war and lose your stuff gets taken away. Israel is the only nation on earth that has to sue for peace after it has -won- a war.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 10:15 pm

For a long long time the Israelis believed that they could cajole a peace treaty out of the Muslims, only to be slapped time and time again. From what I've read, the Israelis, especially the young, simply don't give a flip anymore. If the world is gonna hate them anyway, it's go time for the Samson Option. They took off the velvet gloves and now are using the steel fists. And they simply don't care what the world thinks, because they know that everybody on earth hates Jews and wants to rebuild the ovens. So, if they're about to go down, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 4:51 pm

Pezar and BaalChatzaf are correct.

The issue is that us westernes are used to win-win negotiation, meaning, you give me something, in return I give you and we both win. However in the middle east it is basically I win- you lose situation with the palestinians having one sided requirements from Israel before even *willing* to sit down and talk peace... not sure though how a holocaust deiner is gona make peace with jews... that would be hiliraious if actually happened!

By the way, Haaretz is known to be extremist left-wing Israeli newspaper, being overly biased against it. I would however like people to actually bring news from both sides, actually moderate - center would be best, not too right or left winged. There's obviously no right and wrong in this conflict, history has taught us that in order to continue to live peacefully one has to forgive. it's more than 70 years (don't quote me on the EXACT number please) since the jewish(and others) holocaust but today Israel and Germany are allies (!)... Even after the palestinians started the conflict in 48 and the jews retaliated the obsession of not letting go is still there...

By the way, if you think that's the way jews treat the palestinians you're in for a big surprise, because the media has no interest showing all the good things Israel (and soldiers) are doing to help. Why? I don't think it's 100% out of hatred to Israel but rather these news would not garner enough rating. It's not interesting. We want to see more wars, death, rapes, and interesting stuff so we can eat our popcorn at home while this stuff happens.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

BitterCoffee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jun 2016, 5:57 pm

pezar wrote:
For a long long time the Israelis believed that they could cajole a peace treaty out of the Muslims, only to be slapped time and time again. From what I've read, the Israelis, especially the young, simply don't give a flip anymore. If the world is gonna hate them anyway, it's go time for the Samson Option. They took off the velvet gloves and now are using the steel fists. And they simply don't care what the world thinks, because they know that everybody on earth hates Jews and wants to rebuild the ovens. So, if they're about to go down, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.

So since the Palestinians aren't doing what Israel wants then Israel can and should cause them immense pain and suffering and even death. Sounds historical.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 7:59 am

So the children,infirm and elderly can be without water becuse of what a few do?Not a very good way to achieve peaceful relations.