Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

LittleLu
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jun 2016, 9:21 am

o.o Lol. Well as I haven't been here that long I wouldn't know. It was mostly toward the smoking comment, but I understand it as all in good fun. Quite honestly even me... the crazy Pagan god worshiping witch... finds the topic a bit outlandish, and that's saying a lot. XD (Maybe I'm just not the type to directly poke fun at comments, lol. I'm too soft. >.<)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 9:27 am

LittleLu wrote:
Although it's not exactly nice to make fun of or degrade someone who believes something differently than you do, I do agree that the original statement was made in a rather insensitive manner, as if calling everybody who views themselves autistic wrong.

The OP seems to be just another person who thinks they know better then us who we are. Not unlike the the people who say we should call ourselves "a person with autism" or say we are not autistic because we can function typically at times or say we are mutants because of vaccines. I realize the intent is to boost us up rather then knock us down but it is still denies our experiences as autistic humans who have flaws as well as strengths. In todays politically correct jargon it is called able-splaining, this old fart calls it arrogance.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 9:28 am

Fnord wrote:
LittleLu wrote:
Although it's not exactly nice to make fun of or degrade someone who believes something differentl than you do, I do agree that the original statement was made in a rather insensitive manner, as if calling everybody who views themselves autistic wrong.
I don't see where anyone is making fun of the OP or trying to degrade him (please correct me if I'm wrong). But the opinions he expressed in his first post ever on this website are fair game, so cry "Havoc!" And loose the hounds on them!

Particularly since the post is in the activism forum, abounds in extravagant generalisations and passes the OP's beliefs as facts. Not to mention the blatant disregard for people (and their children) who have significant impairments and are not going to get any help or services based on the claim they are "crystal children" :roll:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 9:33 am

This sounds like something out of an anime. Was it out of an anime?

Or maybe it's from Dash Dingo, a Crash Bandicoot game parody on The Simpsons where Dash is told by a giant floating head of Crocodile Dundee the he must "find and devour the Seven Crystal Babies". :lol:

entsaex_accordingly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jun 2016, 10:23 am

So, some cat named "DankMemeLord" swoops in and makes a single, inflammatory post insinuating autism doesn't exist. This is a troll thread, my dudes; nothin to see here.

Also: lol @ "ninth dimensional level of full Christ consciousness"

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 10:26 am

entsaex_accordingly wrote:
So, some cat named "DankMemeLord" swoops in and makes a single, inflammatory post insinuating autism doesn't exist. This is a troll thread, my dudes; nothin to see here.

Yeah, you're probably right.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 10:30 am

entsaex_accordingly wrote:

Also: lol @ "ninth dimensional level of full Christ consciousness"

Beat me to the punchline. Was just gonna say that the guy joined WP only that day, made that one post, never posted again on WP, not even on his own thread. So he is just a troll, or maybe a hapless strange person who got permanently scared off the site from the hostile response.

Either way he isnt coming back to defend himself. So might as well lock the thread.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 3:29 pm

Think it would be fun to see how well I score at being a crystal child, despite me being the wrong age group.

(From http://www.starchildren.info/crystal.html)

• • Have large, communicative eyes and an intense stare. I have medium sized eyes but I can on occasion get this dark, weird stare that is unsettling to people, so communicative I think not.

• • • Are highly affectionate. Nope.

• • • Begin speaking later in life, but often uses telepathy or self-invented words or sign language to communicate. I spoke full sentences at the age of one.

• • • Love music and may even sing before talking. I quite liked music, and I am musical.

• • • Are extremely connected to animals and nature. I feel sick if I am away from nature for too long, I like having animals in my surrounding.

• • • Are often very interested in rocks, crystals, and stones. I quite like them!

• • • Are extremely artistic. I wouldn't say extremely, but yea...

• • • Are highly empathic and sensitive. I tend not to feel sensitive to other people.

• • • Are forgiving and generous to others. I help people more than they deserve, but I hold grudges.

• • • Draw people and animals near them and love attention. For some reason, mentally ill people and drunks often approach me. Some animals like me.

• • • Often have good sense of balance and are fearless when exploring high places. Good balance yea. Terrified by heights!

• • • Often see or hear angels and spirit guides - both their own and others’. Would have been cool but sorry, never did.

• • • Dislike high-stress environments with many distractions. Yup.

• • • Dislike loud/sharp sounds. Pretty much but I like thunder.

• • • Dislike bright, unnatural lights. A bit. As a kid the most natural light, the sun, was really bothersome to me.

• • • Often enjoy choosing their own meals and/or when they eat them. Would have been nice having my fav food more often as a kid...

• • • Often speak about universal love and healing. Nope, never think I did.

• • • Sometimes show healing gifts at young ages. Nope, no healing gifts here.

• • • Don’t react well to sugar, caffeine, or unnatural foods/chemicals. Very true!

• • • Dislike fighting or refuse to keep an argument going very long. Depends on my mood, sometimes I pick fights...

• • • Often show strength in telekinesis (or Psycho kinesis). No and that would freak me out.

• • • Often amplify emotional energies they gain from their environment (such as negative energies). Yeh...

• • • Can become uncomfortable when around electrical devices too long (watching TV, computer, etc.), sometimes resulting in a trance-like state. No, but I love power outages because it gets so calm. Even the "sound" of electric keeps my mind busy.

• • • Sometimes seem clingy to their parents until 4 or 5. Nope.

• • • Often stare at people for long periods of time (this allows them to read a person and find out more about them through their own personal memories and energy). Maybe if it was allowed.

• • • Can sometimes be manipulative and throw tantrums if they cannot create a reality that is good for them. I was not a manipulative child.

•• • Are easily over-stimulated and need to meditate/be alone often to replenish themselves. Yes, alone time is needed!

•• • Don’t usually have trouble with fear or worry. OMG! There is a reason I'm addicted to Xanax...

• • • Enjoy discussing spiritual or philosophical topics. Used to. Bores me now.

• • • May appear to be looking at nothing or talking to no one (sign of clairvoyance and/or clairaudience). I never even had an imaginary friend...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 4:10 pm

The OP's first post is actually copied and pasted from a post that has been made on many "psychic" websites.

From ????: http://www.namastecafe.com/evolution/in ... adults.htm

From 2011: http://wiccanmoonsong.blogspot.com/2011 ... utism.html

From 2015: http://www.dawgshed.com/threads/the-autism-scam.143642/

From 2016: http://desustorage.org/his/thread/1303212/

The OP is behaving like a post-and-run spammer.

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 4:57 pm

This stuff is fun, as long as people don't take it too seriously. :D

I identify highly with indigo:
http://www.starchildren.info/indigo.html

The people who created this indigo label make it more grounded in this world, and in changing systems, than the crystal.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 5:24 pm

I do not take it seriously but I had mostly yes answers to being an indigo child. Also a psychic told me I had a blue aura. I guess that is not too far from indigo.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 5:59 pm

DataB4 wrote:
This stuff is fun, as long as people don't take it too seriously...
Agreed. The people who created this label based it on the fantasy that many children diagnosed as having attention deficit disorder (ADD) or ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) represent "a new kind of evolution of humanity", and that such children don't need drugs like Ritalin, just special care and training.

The hype and near-hysteria surrounding the use and mis-use of Ritalin has contributed to an atmosphere that makes it possible for the fantasy of Indigo Children to be taken seriously. Given the choice, what parents wouldn't rather believe their children are special and chosen for some high mission rather than admitting and accepting that they have a brain disorder?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 6:37 pm

I don't see myself having a brain disorder. And I actually think people like me can be valuable. But sure my "brain disorder" is for sure a double edge sword, I can't do stuff people can do with ease, and at the same time I can do things they cannot do. If I had a better grip on my everyday life, I could use my talents more, but my talents seem to come with my condition so... well I don't know...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 6:48 pm

frag wrote:
I don't see myself having a brain disorder. ...
I'm willing to bet that you don't feel very "crystalline", either.

By the way, "psychics" have a habit of telling their client whatever they want to hear.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm

If it is a troll it is an atypical one. Usually it is Autism does not exist, those of you who claim you are Autistic are excuse making losers who just need some sense smacked into you. This person comes off as obssesed special snowflaky

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 10:29 pm

LOL, I keep trying to develop my telekinetic abilities, but it just ain't working. f**k Carrie, man, I just want to be able to pick up the living room without getting off the couch. And maybe wash the dishes while surfing the Internet.

Pyrokinesis would be really handy when camping after a few rainy days...

As far as Christ consciousness goes, man, I've been working on that since I was in my mid-20s. If my silicon brain, I mean Crystal Child, status makes it easier to get there, someone forgot to tell me.