I am for the legalization of Mary Jane nationwide!

Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 6:16 am

I think people should be allowed to freely grow cannabis for personal use, so long as they use safe growing practices. There should be some regulation on marijuana sold commercially however, to make sure that what's being sold is safe to consume, and to keep money from going to organized crime. As well, high drivers should be treated no differently than drunk drivers, since high drivers can be just as dangerous.

I know Justin Trudeau partly wants to legalize marijuana in Canada so that it's kept out of the hands of youth, but I think age limits should only apply to purchasing, not consumption.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 8:47 am

Some of the greatest discoveries and inventions in our time were by people under the influence of drugs.
http://theantimedia.org/scientist-tripp ... vered-dna/

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jun 2016, 9:48 am

nurseangela wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
All drugs should be legal no exceptions, if you can't handle it and off yourself then the gene pool got a little stronger

I think they're is a reason why I'm about the only one who thinks pot shouldn't be legal. When I was in my younger days, I used it a couple times and had paranoia out the ass so it can have adverse affects. Some think alcohol use will decrease, but what will probably happen is people will use both together. I think a person needs to actually be around a druggie and take care of them to know what a problem they can be on society. We've seen what has happened with the hydrocodone and Heroin problem and because of it narcan is being sold to laypersons where narcan is supposed to be given only by professionals to people who are in respiratory depression or arrest and not by children who are now learning how to administer the drug. I'm also tired of taking care of druggies who come to the hospital when they've had a bad trip taking away MY time from real sick people - this includes alcoholics. It's a little too late to do anything about alcohol now.

You legalize Marijuana then what? People are going to want to legalize other harder drugs after that. People know pretty much what they are getting with alcohol and it flushes out of the system pretty quickly. What about these other drugs?

And doesn't pot come laced with other stuff? I remember my friend getting some that was like black tar - what the hell was that? I must have been a real doofus to smoke that crap. Was it hashish? Anyone know?

Most of my peers growing up turned out to be druggies or the people selling the drugs, marijuana to me isn't anywhere close to a drug when I've known so many people who have destroyed their lives with opiates and alcohol. There really wasn't any gateway at all, these kids came from an environment where it was readily available with not so great parents(often time addicts themselves). Poverty played a big a role, whether or not your parents were still together, I guess I was lucky in some ways being on the spectrum and being more of a shut-in because it kept me away from the drugs and crime. The most perverse thing I think about this opiate abuse is that the drugs they use to get people off heroin are becoming the gateway drugs to heroin, I knew kids using methadone and suboxone before they ever touched heroin.

With cannabis I hear people say it makes them paranoid and their are times and strains specifically you should probably avoid, like sativas are probably what are making your head go crazy but an indica is relaxing body high and you can get anywhere in between and their is also CBD strains which are great for the body and pain while remaining clear headed. It's a really versatile medicine that you can make many uses for, there are many ways to use it. Like I can't eat hardly, it helps. If you're terribly down, better to get smoked out than drink the pain away. Your friend probably was smoking hash which is just a a concentrated extracted compressed version of it so I doubt it was laced. I've never seen anything laced, I have a pretty good eye for things but it's always been kind of an urban legend that drug dealers lace these drugs with other drugs because when you think about it that makes absolutely zero sense at all.

With legalization I think a lot of the misconceptions can be cleared up and a lot of the people fearful of this image of a street drug aren't in line with the reality because it would be professional business that values it's product, their reputation, and their clients. By removing the drug dealer, there is no more buying and trade and getting involved in things that you shouldn't. Illegal drugs takes hundreds of billions of dollars out of the state and federal coffers, we could be building better schools and rebuilding our infrastructure but we have this HUGE party of the economy that we've surrendered to the gangsters. More people use drugs now than before the War on Drugs, more people use drugs than when all of it was legal, if you restricted a market then you increase demand which increases prices which encourages competition.

As for the other drugs, I think cocaine could really benefit from legalization as it's primary issue is a lack of regulation I believe with the most dangerous aspect of the drug being that it is cut with literal poison that people put up their nose. MDMA should be legal, it was a very useful psych med at one time before the feds banned it because to many people were having fun with it at the club. Hallucinogens should really all be legal, there are so many that are 100% legal that are every bit as powerful(maybe not as pleasant) but are potentially dangerous and it really poses no bodily harm. Think about how often we hear about the issues with these designer drugs, these synthetic drugs, people are literally dying using these synthetic marijuana which is so sad. You can't get rid of demand by banning something, all you do is move the product from the legal regulated market to unregulated black market populating by God knows who.

Opiates would most benefit from regulation, I'm not going to come up with a way to defend its use but to ensure the product is safe and the people are using it safely would go so far in saving lives. Meth and amphetamines could even be regulated, the most dangerous part of all these drugs is prohibition. It might not be healthy to put these things in your body but neither is alcohol which is every bit of a drug and destructive in peoples lives. I've never known anybody to have smoked cannabis to death losing his job, house, wife, family, everything.

Legalize everything, let god sort it out.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 10:11 am

Back in back in the old days when I was a teen there was a random doobie that an idiot laced with PCP.Nasty,nasty stuff.I don't think people do that anymore.Some of the pressed junk from Mexico gets soaked in formaldehyde.Best to avoid imports.Buy American.lol

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 11:07 am

Misslizard wrote:
Some of the greatest discoveries and inventions in our time were by people under the influence of drugs.
http://theantimedia.org/scientist-tripp ... vered-dna/

Steve Jobs stopped taking LSD once Apple got started. But a lot of talented musicians make great music while on the drugs - Kurt Cobain being one, Jimi Hendrix, but they had crappy endings.

I always wanted to be a greeting card writer for Hallmark and I have made some really fantastic greeting cards (according to other people) when I'm drunk. Of course it has never went anywhere. During my 10 yrs of being sober, I went to nursing school. Got back on alcohol again with my first night job to help me sleep and never really did much more with my life. Now, I'm off of all alcohol and back in school to maybe become a nurse practitioner - I guess we'll see. In my experience, I've done more with my life when I'm not using any substances - and I'm in better health too. I hated being sick from hangovers, constant heartburn and since I stopped drinking I've had no more problems with my IBS and gastroparesis. :) Another thing, Trump helps me to stay sober - he's never had a drink of alcohol in his life.

Here's an article I found and Steve Jobs is mentioned in it too:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisbarth/ ... e30ecf5ba3

Time for homework. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 1:04 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Chef Ramsey wouldn't go for that surely?! 8O

Yeah, he seems more like a key bump in the car before filming starts kind of guy... :lol:

He is kind of the poster boy for someone who could use a bit of mellowing out in the kitchen, hot-boxing the walk in freezer might do him some good.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 1:52 pm

Jacoby wrote:
All drugs should be legal no exceptions, if you can't handle it and off yourself then the gene pool got a little stronger

I'm sure that Michael, Prince, and a whole lot of other "gene pool defectives" would agree with you if they were alive.

Where did you learn this bit of wisdom? I know you're WAY smarter than this.

Here are some more dead people that would have agreed with you:

Name Age Date Location Name of drug
Alan Wilson
Canned Heat 27 September 3, 1970 Topanga Canyon, California, USA Barbiturate
Jimi Hendrix
The Jimi Hendrix Experience 27 September 18, 1970 London, England Barbiturate
Janis Joplin 27 October 4, 1970 Los Angeles, California, USA Heroin
Jim Morrison
The Doors 27 July 3, 1971 Paris, France Suspected heroin
Brian Cole
The Association 29 August 2, 1972 Los Angeles, California, USA Heroin
Rory Storm 34 28 September 1972 Liverpool, England Alcohol and sleeping pills
Billy Murcia
New York Dolls 21 November 6, 1972 London, England Methaqualone [1]
Danny Whitten
Crazy Horse 29 November 18, 1972 Los Angeles, California, USA Valium and alcohol
Gram Parsons
The Byrds 26 September 19, 1973 Joshua Tree, California, USA Morphine and alcohol
Zeke Zettner
The Stooges 25 November 10, 1973 Heroin
Nick Drake 26 November 25, 1974 Tanworth-in-Arden, Warwickshire, England Amitriptyline
Tim Buckley 28 June 29, 1975 Santa Monica, California, USA Heroin, morphine, and alcohol
Gary Thain
Uriah Heep 27 December 8, 1975 Norwood Green, England Heroin
Tommy Bolin
Deep Purple 25 December 4, 1976 Miami, Florida, USA Heroin, cocaine and alcohol
Elvis Presley 42 August 16, 1977 Memphis, Tennessee, USA Assorted
Here's some more:

Name Age Date Location Name of drug
Bon Scott
AC/DC 33 February 19, 1980 East Dulwich, London, England Alcohol
John Bonham
Led Zeppelin 32 September 25, 1980 Clewer, Berkshire, England Alcohol
Darby Crash
Germs 22 December 7, 1980 Los Angeles, California, USA Heroin
Tim Hardin 39 December 29, 1980 Los Angeles, California, USA Heroin
Mike Bloomfield 37 February 15, 1981 San Francisco, California, USA Heroin
Lester Bangs 33 April 30, 1982 New York City, New York, USA Darvon, valium and nyquil
James Honeyman-Scott
Pretenders 25 16 June 1982 London, England Cocaine
Pete Farndon
Pretenders 30 April 14, 1983 London, England Heroin
Paul Gardiner
Tubeway Army 25 4 February 1984 Northolt, Middlesex, England Heroin
Gary Holton
Heavy Metal Kids 33 25 October 1985 London, England Morphine and alcohol

This list goes on and on. Please add any name you wish if you think they agreed with Jacoby before they died.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 2:22 pm

All those people killed themselves by using drugs irresponsibly, a drug is inanimate object that doesn't act on its own fruition. Prohibition surely contributed to some of their deaths, there is nothing good about our current drug laws. It sucks losing entertainers but I don't think their celebrity is evidence of anything besides a lot of them become spoiled and lose self control when they come into a ton of money and are accountable to no one. Their celebrity oftentimes fuels their drug addiction, you have hanger ons and no real accountability so it's not surprising to me.

I could get heroin probably with in an hour or two, it's really not that hard. I don't, that's because I don't want to do heroin! The law has no impact on that, I don't want to do it because I seen what it can do people and it doesn't look all that fun anyways. I could drink every day, I could kill myself doing but I DON'T because self interests dictates that I won't. I think think most people value themselves more than that, I don't believe people will act completely out of their self interest and kill themselves en masse any more than they are now. Again, it's really easy to get these drugs, maybe not in small town America but in the city it's everywhere.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 2:31 pm

Not to be outdone, plenty of literary giants had made use of substances while writing. William Burroughs was a heroin addict, Charles Bukowski and Jack Kerouac were raging alcoholics, Poe loved his alcohol and laudanum, even Stephen King has opened up about his alcoholism and drug abuse, and so on, and so forth.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 3:10 pm

Jacoby wrote:
All those people killed themselves by using drugs irresponsibly, a drug is inanimate object that doesn't act on its own fruition. Prohibition surely contributed to some of their deaths, there is nothing good about our current drug laws. It sucks losing entertainers but I don't think their celebrity is evidence of anything besides a lot of them become spoiled and lose self control when they come into a ton of money and are accountable to no one. Their celebrity oftentimes fuels their drug addiction, you have hanger ons and no real accountability so it's not surprising to me.

I could get heroin probably with in an hour or two, it's really not that hard. I don't, that's because I don't want to do heroin! The law has no impact on that, I don't want to do it because I seen what it can do people and it doesn't look all that fun anyways. I could drink every day, I could kill myself doing but I DON'T because self interests dictates that I won't. I think think most people value themselves more than that, I don't believe people will act completely out of their self interest and kill themselves en masse any more than they are now. Again, it's really easy to get these drugs, maybe not in small town America but in the city it's everywhere.

The only way for accidental overdoses to not happen would be to legalize all drugs and regulate their use which would tell a person how much of the drug is safe to take, etc. No user actually knows how much of a drug is ok for them - it's all trial and error. However, this will never happen because drugs like cocaine, heroin and LSD have no real medical use like marijuana does for nausea, etc. If you legalize drugs like heroin and not regulate its use, then the heroin epidemic is just going to get worse than what it already is. I don't even think that the narcan pens should have been made because it's just saying that heroin use is ok. These kids that are learning how to use this pen, if it's because their parents are on the crap then the kids should be taken away from them.

And in these states where marijuana is legal, can you just buy it someplace like a liquor store? Honestly, it must not be too easy to get illegal drugs because I wouldn't have a clue of where I could find any heroin or cocaine right now. And I've watched the show "Intervention" and those people can't always score drugs when they want to. Alcohol? I can get it in 5 min and I don't even have to use my car - it's within walking distance.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm

Legalization and regulation is what I support, heroin users would benefit greatly being taken out of the dark and given a consistent product that won't kill them because it's a hot dose or whatever. Needle exchanges are effective, so much of what kills you with heroin doesn't really have to do with it being an opiate but rather a completely unregulated unsafe product. What has medicinal usages is also up for debate in my opinion, they've say cannabis has absolutely zero medical use as it a schedule 1 drug unlike heroin and cocaine believe it or not which are schedule 2!

Stop ruining people's lives because of drugs, if they ruin their own lives then that is on them and it shouldn't be a police matter whatsoever. Our country would be richer, healthier, safer, and even more free as a result! I don't know how anybody could oppose it.

Finding heroin is as easy as finding a heroin junkie btw, finding drugs is far easier for many teenagers to get their hands on than alcohol. Regulation and taking it out of the black market is what saves people and stops the children from getting it, a lot of drugs dealers don't care dealing to a kid or pregnant woman or anybody but if their was regulations their access would be way lessened in all actuality.

Legalizing drugs makes them much much safer for the user, it would save thousands of lives.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:36 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Legalization and regulation is what I support, heroin users would benefit greatly being taken out of the dark and given a consistent product that won't kill them because it's a hot dose or whatever. Needle exchanges are effective, so much of what kills you with heroin doesn't really have to do with it being an opiate but rather a completely unregulated unsafe product. What has medicinal usages is also up for debate in my opinion, they've say cannabis has absolutely zero medical use as it a schedule 1 drug unlike heroin and cocaine believe it or not which are schedule 2!

Stop ruining people's lives because of drugs, if they ruin their own lives then that is on them and it shouldn't be a police matter whatsoever. Our country would be richer, healthier, safer, and even more free as a result! I don't know how anybody could oppose it.

Finding heroin is as easy as finding a heroin junkie btw, finding drugs is far easier for many teenagers to get their hands on than alcohol. Regulation and taking it out of the black market is what saves people and stops the children from getting it, a lot of drugs dealers don't care dealing to a kid or pregnant woman or anybody but if their was regulations their access would be way lessened in all actuality.

Legalizing drugs makes them much much safer for the user, it would save thousands of lives.

I couldn't agree more.

The one thing I might add would be better and honest public education. Learning in grade school happens now but with correct information and your ideas combined we might have something. :D

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 11:33 pm

Dox47 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Chef Ramsey wouldn't go for that surely?! 8O

Yeah, he seems more like a key bump in the car before filming starts kind of guy... :lol:

He is kind of the poster boy for someone who could use a bit of mellowing out in the kitchen, hot-boxing the walk in freezer might do him some good.

He could whup up some ganja goodies with pot butter,that would mellow him out.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 2:45 am

nurseangela wrote:
However, this will never happen because drugs like cocaine, heroin and LSD have no real medical use like marijuana does for nausea, etc.

Well... as for LSD:

Hendricks et al. (2015) wrote:
Mental health problems are endemic across the globe, and suicide, a strong corollary of poor mental health, is a leading cause of death. Classic psychedelic use may occasion lasting improvements in mental health, but the effects of classic psychedelic use on suicidality are unknown. We evaluated the relationships of classic psychedelic use with psychological distress and suicidality among over 190,000 USA adult respondents pooled from the last five available years of the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (2008–2012) while controlling for a range of covariates. Lifetime classic psychedelic use was associated with a significantly reduced odds of past month psychological distress (weighted odds ratio (OR)=0.81 (0.72–0.91)), past year suicidal thinking (weighted OR=0.86 (0.78–0.94)), past year suicidal planning (weighted OR=0.71 (0.54–0.94)), and past year suicide attempt (weighted OR=0.64 (0.46–0.89)), whereas lifetime illicit use of other drugs was largely associated with an increased likelihood of these outcomes. These findings indicate that classic psychedelics may hold promise in the prevention of suicide, supporting the view that classic psychedelics’ most highly restricted legal status should be reconsidered to facilitate scientific study, and suggesting that more extensive clinical research with classic psychedelics is warranted.

Source:
Hendricks, Peter S., et al. "Classic psychedelic use is associated with reduced psychological distress and suicidality in the United States adult population." Journal of Psychopharmacology 29.3 (2015): 280-288.
http://www.ouramazingworld.org/uploads/ ... lation.pdf

... which illustrates the dangers of takingnot taking LSD.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 3:26 am

Alas. I'd like to find just one person who is not on some kind of mind altering substance. Actually, I do know one - my friend Julia!

Darn, I flunked.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 11:34 am

I wouldn't advise anyone take LSD. Real LSD is pretty much non-existent now from what I heard. You'd be better off taking peyote, which is much safer to begin with.