The BRAG about your Aspie thread!

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Drakilor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Aug 2008, 8:18 am

Immature.

Last edited by Drakilor on 26 Aug 2008, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wholesome
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2008, 5:03 pm

I do love this thread. We do focus on their struggles and it is so inspiring to celebrate their victories, no matter how small the world considers them.

My 11 yr. son has many talents. He is excellent at archery, fishing, geography, history and drawing. He understands all of the science behind the weather and has an amazing memory. Aside from this, my proudest moment occurred recently. We were at the beach and I was struggling behind him in the deep sand carrying my two yr old, 2 big bags and a huge blanket. We had a lot of delays and what should have been a 2 hr trip was a 7 hr one. He was very anxious to get to the water and had already made 2 trips carrying chairs, floaties, ect..He turned around and saw me and ran up to me and offered to lighten my load. My tears welled up with pride. He's always been so self-focused and that was a giant step. He's growing up at his own pace.

gisgoddess
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Aug 2008, 5:41 pm

My HFA son is an avid and gifted reader and could spend all day immersed in books. He's just entering third grade and can read books far above his reading level.

He is obsessed by snails and can tell you about all of their attributes and physical characteristics and can also make up some very entertaining stories with snails as the main characters.

He is sweet and loving and cares a great deal about animals and his immediate family.

He has the most amazing imagination of any child I've every known.

He also has the most infectious laugh I've ever heard.

He brightens my life. :)