New book by Asperger Author: The Anatomy of Mona Lisa

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

itsjustlife
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 May 2007, 9:05 am

Hey Guys I haven't been on here in a while. I used this site when I was researching autism and aspergers syndrome. It helped a lot. I found out about 6 months ago that I have aspergers and it helped me deal with a lot of confusion I was dealing with. I was always so different and couldn't figure out what was "wrong" with me. After I randomly read about Autism one night I realized that it answered all my lingering questions. Why was I the way I was? What was it that was making me so frustrated with everyone? Why couldn't I have friends? Why were things that should be so simple, so hard. And things that should be so hard, so simple?

I just turned 24 so it was a long time coming. I've come a long way and I think it's that I didn't know I had Aspergers that forced me to overcome the negitive symptoms myself. I've kept huge phone book sized journals since 2001 and they completely changed my life. That combined with being able to talk on aim instead of in person (which I was too afraid of) helped me learn how to communicate like a "normal" person would. I've also watched thousands of movies and learned more about human communication from them than any school.

It was about a year ago that I started to make these weird discovories in Leonardo Da Vinci's art. I thought I was going crazy but everything I kept finding proved other wise. I've found things that no one in 500 years has. After dedicating this past year exclusivly to researching and writing a book about what i've found, I'm finally done.

I have a whole chapter about autism in my book. That might seem out of place in a book about the Mona Lisa but after all my reading and barrage of thinking i'm sure that Da Vinci was autistic or had Aspergers syndrome as well. He's known as the greatest genius of all time and no one has ever been able to explain what it was that made him so unique. In my book I give a lot of evidence but I think after people actually think about it they'll realize it's true. I just dont think anyone has considered it yet?

So basically my book is about how I figured out who the Mona Lisa really was by noticing the clues Da Vinci left behind for someone to answer her mysteries. I assert that i've been able to see these things that no one else has because of our shared "condition" I also explain what's helped me over come it and how it's more of a gift than a burden. It just took a lot of time to figure that out.

I have a FREE copy you can download by going to http://www.itsjustlife.com/theanatomy.pdf It will open after it downloads and you can read the whole thing. I have a better description of the other discovories i've made and a better preview on my web site http://www.itsjustlife.com and if you like it and want to buy a physical copy to read you can order one at http://www.lulu.com/itsjustlife

I haven't gotten any recognition (yet) for what i've found. You guys will be the first to read it. If my theories are right and my discovories valid, this will change the perception people have about autism and apsergers a lot. It will also help the general public become more aware about what Autism really is. Obviously there are a lot of things we don't know and need to figure out. I hope my book will help with that. I'm also working on an autism section to my web site which i'll make a post about when I finish. I want to work on a program that autistic kids can follow that's catered to their advanced needs.

You should be able to relate to my story and in between each chapter in my book I have Journal like - interjections that explain what happened to me. How i ended up writing a 400 page book about something I knew nothing about a year ago. Definitely check out the chapter on autism and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Derek Bair
myspace.com/itsjustderek

Also if you could please please help me get what i've found out there (news, public, etc.) I would really appreciate it. Pass this along to your parents and teachers. I've worked so hard on this and dont even care about selling books. I just want as many people to see what i've found as I can. I know it's only going to take one person to realize what i've really discovered but I don't really know what to do next... If i'm right i've made one of the biggest discovories in a long time. A discovery that Da Vinci left behind for the world to see. I think we're finally ready for it. I know I am!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:26 am

hi Derek, nice to see the site was of help. The download is about autism/asperger? it's a chapter excerpt?

congrats on the book

itsjustlife
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 May 2007, 3:04 pm

I have a chapter about what Autism is and why I think Leonardo Da Vinci was. It's in the second half so if you want to download the whole book to check it out you can at http://www.itsjustlife.com/theanatomy.pdf

Hope you like! Let me know what you think if can read it.

Derek