interesting view i have on the public school system

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:04 pm

I would learn & accomplish so much more without school. Out of 9 50-minute periods, I sleep through 7 of them. I get all A's and B's by doing so. It's a waste of my time and my sanity.

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 11:12 am

I absolutely hated public school but like Mark Twain I never let that interfere with my education. Public schools are designed for NT's. I went to a community college and then transfered to a state university. I didn't care for either one of them. Later I moved and went to another community college that I really liked and learned a lot from. Even better my employer paid for all of it. I then got my Bachelors from a private Catholic university which was amazing. One's Religion or lack thereof was never an issue with this school. It was a top notch school and had extremely demanding coursework but they didn't waste my time and they got right down to business. I was going to go there for graduate school but a got a new job and that will have to wait until things settle down.

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2007, 4:05 pm

I think public school is just a waste, they treat everybody the same, but at the same time give the ADHD kids or somebody who just don`t want too do the homework less homework, and that`s unfair.
By treating us the same, they are treating us diffrent because we can`t be independet.

We have 6 hour days in middle school here.
I just get A`s and B`s and i almost don`t even study on the subject on tests, max 1 1/2 hour, and that`s spread over two days.

The class is way overcrowded, even when we are in 3 groups, we are 18/19 in each group, and that`s too much for anyone too learn effectively.

The teachers can `t handle kids that have problems like ADHD and ADD, they didn`t even know of Autisme or AS before i told them i probably had it, and they almost still can`t adjust too it.
The only thing that`s better now is that i don`t need to go too P.E class now, but i still gotta do the social activetis like fieldtrips into the woods or something like that.

I would like too go to a private school, fever students, more effective learning and they can handle kids like me.
The only problem is that they are too expensive, the cheapest is 5.000 dollors a semester.