Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

INTPnarwhal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2016, 11:53 am

I doubt it, but does anyone here get the heebie-jeebies when they have to use a laptop track pad instead of a mouse? I can't really explain it- it's not the texture, it's more like I don't feel like my finger movements match the pointers'. It makes me need to stim :oops: . I would really like a better way to explain this because I'm going to request a laptop from DVR services for school and I really want it to come with a mouse.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 5:06 pm

I wouldn't call my response heebees but I don't like them.

Yes I'm a mouse person.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 8:50 pm

Yes, big-time, that's me to a T. I like laptops but I hate the touchpad and I never like to use it. I'm a mouse person 'til I die.

My laptop ironically actually stays on my desk most of the time, but on the rare occasion I do bring it to the couch or bed, or have taken it out of my home, I bring a mouse with me.

INTPnarwhal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2016, 9:42 pm

Oh thank goodness! I can't really put my finger on what bothers me about them, can you? Come to think of it, mice bother me a little bit too- my order of preference goes touchscreen, mouse, then track pad (trackpad?)

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 9:58 pm

I've been trying to pin down what it is about them I hate so much and it's hard to figure out exactly what! :lol:

I'm thinking, for me, it's something to do with the action my finger has to make on the pad to move the cursor around the screen -- I think it's all the little short, repeated touches that kind of drive me crazy. I prefer just swiveling a mouse around, it's a smoother motion physically for the hand. That's the best I can come up with!

I'm glad too to know I'm not the only one, seriously I didn't think anyone else thought this about these things!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 1:07 pm

The only thing I don't like about track pads is that they slow down the speed of my Facebook gaming.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:19 pm

You can get a wireless Logitech mouse that lasts 2 years on a set of batteries for about $14 here.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 4:56 am

Yes, i've had em break on 2 laptops, and on one the USB hub broke too :P A mouse is ubiquitous to me.

Trackpads are still better than that red dot some IBM laptops had earlier (was like a little useless overaccelerating joystick in the centre of the keyboard that simulated a mouse).

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Feb 2019, 9:17 pm

I cant figure out how to use them so I always use a mouse. I don't really care for touchscreens either thou. They're OK on my phone but they s#ck in computers & tablets. I can NEVER figure out how to highlight anything or how to right click on something when I want options. They also act like I clicked in areas I did NOT & don't respond well when I tap on something I want. I also really like & almost need a physical keyboard/keypad due to bad fine motor-skills. People act like this newer technology is the best thing sense sliced bread. It may be more convenient but I have aLOT less control with it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition